General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Stitch may be a goner ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 07:08 PM

their sure are lots of 06 down here on the used car lot!
Old 02-22-2007, 07:10 PM

I hope it can be fixed and your back on the road soon. Keep us posted
Old 02-22-2007, 07:13 PM

Yes...good call on getting the doc to take a look...when an old g/f and I got hit from behind at a pretty good clip we were both aching a bit but not terribly...I didn't want to go see a doc but she convinced me to get checked out...good think I did...xrays showed I had lost something like x amount of the curve that is supposed to be in the neck !

Glad to hear you are ok for the most part...I'm curious on one thing though...it sounds like the seat held up pretty well in such a violent collision...I remember reading horror stories on how when certain cars got rear ended it collaped the seat backwards into the back seat...i trust the HHR seat held up?

Goose
Old 02-22-2007, 07:15 PM

Glad you are ok, now think of the options you wanted but were not in Stitch but you wanted...

And with my big deer hits I had, I could be driving The Deer Slayer III

Even now if it was Deer Slayer XXV, it's gotta be ORANGE..
Old 02-22-2007, 07:56 PM

Glad you're OK DC. Stitch can be replaced, you can't.

I got hit from behind last summer in a slow speed accident and was surprised how much energy was dissipated at such a low speed.

15 years ago I was t-boned, and man was I sore afterward. I was knocked unconscious by that one. I came to looking at the floor and wondering why I was pushing so hard on the brake and clutch pedals. Then I looked up and saw that I was pushed into the oncoming lane. Of course that happened 2 weeks before I was to drive halfway across the country to a new job
Old 02-22-2007, 08:50 PM

Cool

Will you get another HHR to replace Stitch?
You'll have to buy used to get another Daytona Blue...
unless you can find a remaining '06 somewhere...
Old 02-22-2007, 08:52 PM

That really sucks. Glad you are ok.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:26 PM

Man, I'm glad to hear you are going to the doc.
Keep us posted.
If Stitch does not make it,
I look forward to Stitch II, the Blue Hawaii special!

Be well
Old 02-23-2007, 08:28 AM

Update

Well, I would've posted this last night but I got back from the emergency room too late, had to do homework and by the time that was done it was midnight and I was too tired. Sorry.

Anyway, I had some x-rays taken, but it looks like what I have is a mild back strain. I have a prescription in my pocket for Motrin and some muscle relaxants (ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ) which I'll be filling once I get out of class today. Best news for me was no bone damage, not even any hairline fractures (only problem that showed up was some degenerative damage to the T5 and L1 vertebrae, but I know that's a combination of a high school back injury and a family history of arthritis). So I'm pumped about that.

Goose, to answer your question, the seat held up extremely well considering the force of the collision. The only seat that was affected was the right rear seat, and then it was just the back folded down forcibly. If anything, where I would've been hurt would have been by contact with my left leg and the door (not anything against the car, my legs are a little on the wide side).

BTW, does anyone happen to know where the airbag collision sensor is? Despite how hard the front end went under the Buick, my bags never went off, and I'm thinking the sensor might be in the bumper itself.

The collision shop has not given me a verdict on Stitch yet, they called yesterday afternoon only to tell me that Stitch had arrived. When I called this morning, they told me Geico would be out this afternoon to look at the car and make the call.

If they total it out, I have the card for my salesman at Paddock in my wallet. More than likely, I won't be able to find an '06 around this area, but I'll be content with an '07, possibly the teal if I can find one, if not then the Imperial Blue. All this depends on whether I get totalled out or not, though, so fingers are crossed. (Already been advised that if Stitch is repairable and the work is done that I should sell him since he won't ever be quite the same again)

But I'm still smilin'.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:42 AM

Glad to hear you are ok. Sounds like it's a very good thing no one was in the back seat.

Quick Reply: Stitch may be a goner ...