General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Stitch may be a goner ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 08:54 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by Desert Coyote
BTW, does anyone happen to know where the airbag collision sensor is? Despite how hard the front end went under the Buick, my bags never went off, and I'm thinking the sensor might be in the bumper itself.
Here's a quote from the manual.......
Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2007, 08:55 AM
jx3

But I'm still smilin'.
Glad to hear it!
Old 02-23-2007, 12:23 PM

Unhappy Update (bad)

After getting my prescriptions, and in the middle of filling out the NYS required bureaucracy, I got a call from the Geico adjuster.

Stitch is officially a goner. The adjuster estimated appx. $15,000 worth of damage, because apparently the floor (and the frame) buckled, a lot of electricals were sheared, the axle (like I figured) is unsalvageable ... it's just an all in all mess.

Tomorrow morning I'm going over to rescue the last of the personal effects I had: plates, plate frames, my Stitch antenna ball and the trailer hitch (shop's supposed to remove it free of charge: apparently THAT is salvageable).

I want to say a couple things, first off thank you all for your sympathy and support for the past couple of days. I'd imagine I'd be more of a wreck without it than I already am, and for that I'm eternally grateful to you all.

Secondly, I don't want Stitch's demise to be in vain. As bad of an accident as it was, I came away from it with no orthopedic damage, and the spark of my life is still flaming strong. In other words ...

Stitch did the job he was designed to do: he kept me safe.

I take this as a testament to the HHR's design, not only in how stylish it is or how much fun it is to drive ... but in that it's probably the safest car I ever owned, even when it became the meat in a traffic sandwich. When the settlement goes through from Geico's total loss department, I am not hesitating to lay my money back down to get another one.

Stitch II will be forthcoming. I promise.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:25 PM

All Hail STITCH II
Old 02-23-2007, 12:28 PM
jx3

Tomorrow morning I'm going over to rescue the last of the personal effects I had: plates, plate frames, my Stitch antenna ball and the trailer hitch (shop's supposed to remove it free of charge: apparently THAT is salvageable).
Do you think that they will let you grab the rear beauty bar. Sindy is looking around for one I hear.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:29 PM

Way to Go!
Stitch II, Stitch II, Stitch II, Stitch II
Waiting for your 1st Pic
Z
Old 02-23-2007, 12:34 PM

Chevy comes thru again as being a safe car to drive. I am glad to hear you are ok after Stitch's demise, but they do have a great safety rateing.

My son was in a chevy colorado and lived thru that accident.

Will be waiting to see what color HHR you get this time!

Theresa
Old 02-23-2007, 03:13 PM

Take pics.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by CameraCrew
Take pics.
Already did, of Stitch and the Firebird. Just need to get the time to post them.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:28 PM

Update

My wife just called me from work. Geico called her with the total-out amount for Stitch, which gave me my first smile in a few hours, and a pretty good laugh, too.

Geico is totalling it out at $17,509. With what I have left owed to GMAC, it looks like I'll have at least a $4000 down-payment for Stitch II.

And yes, I already called my salesman.

Quick Reply: Stitch may be a goner ...