General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Stitch may be a goner ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 04:38 PM

Nice bike too!
Old 02-24-2007, 06:10 PM

I got gap ins on my car. So if my car is totalled and if I still owe money on the loan the gap ins takes care of it.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:22 PM

that SuckS! Glad your okay!
Old 02-24-2007, 07:26 PM

I'm really glad you weren't hurt more and like someone else said, I feel much better about getting one for my wife too.

What I want to know is will you be able to salvage your Tonawanda Decal!!
Old 02-24-2007, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
I'm really glad you weren't hurt more and like someone else said, I feel much better about getting one for my wife too.

What I want to know is will you be able to salvage your Tonawanda Decal!!
Sadly, no, I won't be able to rescue the decal. I also couldn't get the beauty bar (sorry, Sindy!).

This morning, the stuff I got was my plates, one of my license frames (the eagle one from the back), my garage door opener, and my fishing rod/antenna, because it was easier to unscrew the whole thing than to pry Stitch off ... so now I have a spare fishing rod. I also got my hitch back, minus the attachment hardware (bolts, washers, etc.).

I have some good news, though, but I'm posting that to a different thread. In the meantime, since everyone found the pics I uploaded earlier this afternoon ... here's the car that hit the rear end.

Oh yeah, the bike got mentioned, too. It's a GIANT Sedona mountain bike, which I use year-round to get around campus. The rear tire is mangled all to hell along with the main cog at the pedals, and the frame ain't in great shape either. When all is said and done, I'm going to go to the bike shop and see if they can either fix it or hook me up with a new bike.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:01 PM

I'm sorry about the loss of Stitch, but I'm glad your ok. Please let us know when you get a new one! The pics are heatbreaking.

I have Gap ins on Gomez also.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:15 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by Desert Coyote
Oh yeah, the bike got mentioned, too. It's a GIANT Sedona mountain bike, which I use year-round to get around campus. The rear tire is mangled all to hell along with the main cog at the pedals, and the frame ain't in great shape either. When all is said and done, I'm going to go to the bike shop and see if they can either fix it or hook me up with a new bike.
Speaking from experience, your best bet is to get a new bike. If the frame is bent, the chain will prabably keep jumping from the sprocket, and that will be the least of your worries.

This Firebird looks more like a Fiero now!
Old 02-25-2007, 05:46 AM

Looks like someones noggin in the passenger seat hit the shield in the Firebird

Goose
Old 02-25-2007, 07:23 AM

man the HHR looks good compared to the Firebird!
Old 02-25-2007, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Goose
Looks like someones noggin in the passenger seat hit the shield in the Firebird
Actually, she didn't have a passenger. My guess is that there was something heavy either in the passenger seat or the back seat that flew forward when the car hit. That windshield, though, gives me an indication of how hard I got hit.

Quick Reply: Stitch may be a goner ...