General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Stitch may be a goner ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 09:42 AM

Desert Coyote, I used to have a bike rack like yours for my minivan but bought one that attaches with straps for the HHR. It works great getting my son' s ride to college. Just a thought!

I'm a little concerned at the estimate of the damage compared to what you actually see. With this information, I will be sure to have my car looked at every time someone even bumps me.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
Desert Coyote, I used to have a bike rack like yours for my minivan but bought one that attaches with straps for the HHR. It works great getting my son' s ride to college. Just a thought!
I have one of those as well, but the main reason I have the hitch-style rack is because the strap rack is hell on the tailgate paint.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Desert Coyote
Sadly, no, I won't be able to rescue the decal. I also couldn't get the beauty bar (sorry, Sindy!).

This morning, the stuff I got was my plates, one of my license frames (the eagle one from the back), my garage door opener, and my fishing rod/antenna, because it was easier to unscrew the whole thing than to pry Stitch off ... so now I have a spare fishing rod. I also got my hitch back, minus the attachment hardware (bolts, washers, etc.).

I have some good news, though, but I'm posting that to a different thread. In the meantime, since everyone found the pics I uploaded earlier this afternoon ... here's the car that hit the rear end.

Oh yeah, the bike got mentioned, too. It's a GIANT Sedona mountain bike, which I use year-round to get around campus. The rear tire is mangled all to hell along with the main cog at the pedals, and the frame ain't in great shape either. When all is said and done, I'm going to go to the bike shop and see if they can either fix it or hook me up with a new bike.
could be damage from the front air bag deployment. Glad you're ok, and Stitch II will be on the road soon
Old 02-26-2007, 08:15 PM

Talking Stitch II

I just saw the new pics of Stitch II in the Gallery!!! VERY NICE!!!
Name:  congrats.gif
Views: 14
Size:  2.4 KB

Old 02-26-2007, 08:19 PM
jx3

Nice lookin Coyote!