General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Stock HHRs

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 11:02 PM

Yes mines a rental too. Now that I think about it there is a citizen patrol half panel around here which is pretty cool.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Krash Kadillak
Contrary to a lot of the members on here, most people leave their vehicles stock. You have to realize that the great majority of owners don't join a club or forum, and arr not interested in doing anything to their vehicle. Mine's still all stock, but that's mostly due to monetary priorities.
I thought about that as well, its just my thought process but I like having things I want to do to my car.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:09 AM

Most of the HHR's around here that I've ran into are stock. I know of three in our county that I've seen that are not stock, mine, solman's, and I ran into a guy yesterday that has a billet grill, HIDs, and leveling springs. I have yet to run into a full on custom around here...and I've only seen one SS since I bought my wagon.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:43 AM

Ive seen maybe 5 SSs but one was a quarter panel which was pretty sweet.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:16 AM
Premium Member

No mods here either,
Old 04-27-2012, 11:29 AM

Kind of surprised you didn't put up a picture
Old 04-27-2012, 02:24 PM

It seems the same here in Phoenix. I too see around 6 or so every day on my way to work but yet none are custom unless they are shop cars and we do have a lot of those. We do have a fleet of taxi's too. There are 2 more that I know of that reside within a few blocks of me but both are stock. The most I ever see is rims and tint. Mine is mostly stock for the same reason as Krash. But my intentions are not to leave it stock.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:31 PM

I rarely see any with modifications... unless dirt and body damage is considered modifications. Most of the locals figure it's just another cheap SUV.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Platinum Member

I think the type of modifications the OP is speaking about would cost MUCHO DINARO. Few, if any, aftermarket parts companies can produce cheap "want to haves". For example, this forum has a couple of great "customized" cars. A lot of dollars, out of the reach of most owners, was spent just for custom bumper and hoods. The average owner WILL NOT SPEND that type of money.

Most owners, I believe, purchased the car for looks and its economical utility. Anything done afterward was done to personalize and not to customize.....in the true sense of the word.

I guess my point is......there is NOT ENOUGH interest in the aftermarket to manufacturer enough parts to be competitive. Look at the vendors that support this site/forum. They supply one or two items for the HHR, but cannot justify the expenses of a business without providing parts for other make of vehicles (engine parts are a different animal, because the engines are used to a greater extent in other vehicles, thus increases the gain potential.)

I personally would like to see a REAL custom. Something that had a lot of sheet metal and torch work done. But that will only occur from a specialty shop as a "one off".......again many dollars.

JMO
Old 04-27-2012, 07:33 PM

When I see another HHR, I'm mostly looking to see what particular type it is. Get really excited when I see an AA5. Saw a red one a couple weeks ago.

Quick Reply: Stock HHRs