General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Stupid People

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 06:26 AM

Your lucky your boss will cover the repair.
Still too bad there are inconsiderate people out there.
I would not be able to sleep if I did that and did not leave a note with my contact info.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Have it replaced with an SS bumper!
Old 05-17-2008, 08:05 AM

After seeing what that idiot did to you I'm ordering those black bumper guards today!!
Old 05-17-2008, 08:09 AM

I had this happen on a previous vehicle only I had to pay to fix it myself. Not only are they stupid they just don't care.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:11 AM

Sorry to see someone is too stupid to know how to drive...and then has the audacity to just leave. The world is full of inconsiderate people any more and it's just a shame.

I've got those black bumper guards and they still don't stop the idiots. I noticed when detailing Smoke that the paint on the upper part of my HHR is spidered a little bit (paint not broken though). Looks like someone may have backed into it and hit it just hard enough to move the bumper. You really have to look for it, but I know it's there. Stupid people really irritate me...and I'm one of those that parks in the north 40 wherever I go. I've parked out so far I was the only car in the area, to come out to it being surrounded. Seems to me sometimes it attracts more idiots than it deters if you park in a regular spot.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:05 AM

You can really see how rude people are based on thier cell phone habits. Yesterday while pumping gas a chick drove up to the pump and never stopped talking. She filled up and then went inside, loaded her arms with 3 wine bottles and then cut in line to put the bottles on the counter because she could not hold them while on the phone. We were all subjected to her meaningless converstaion and waited while she fumbled to get her credit card out. All this time still talking as she paid and drove away.

I also see people on the phone while trying to pull in and out of a parking space. They use one hand to turn the steering wheel all the way around. No wonder these fender benders happen. People think their vehicle is a couch with wheels and just talk away as if they are at home.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:45 AM

I think retailers should have a button, or some device that blocks cell phones once they enter certain stores , or theaters, Press Button, ZAP all cell phones blocked !!
Old 05-17-2008, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by JimZ_HHR
I think retailers should have a button, or some device that blocks cell phones once they enter certain stores , or theaters, Press Button, ZAP all cell phones blocked !!
This is already happening. There are a number of movie theaters that are using jammers to stop cell phone use in theaters.

I worked a second job in the store of an "upscale" retailer. I simply did not wait on people talking on cell phones. I simply told them that I wouldn't dream of interrupting an important call and that I would be very happy to help them when they were finished. Most people took the polite and subtle hint and hung up.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:14 PM

400 bucks? Zoink. I have something similar to that but in black and they want 250 by me to touch it up and fix.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by SIHHR
400 bucks? Zoink. I have something similar to that but in black and they want 250 by me to touch it up and fix.
you didn't get a paint touch up stick or paint with a brush in a glass container?

Quick Reply: Stupid People