General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Summit White vs Olympic White ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Platinum Member

Summit White vs Olympic White ?

It seems that (at least according to my local chevrolet dealer) that the Summit White & Olympic White are one & the same paint code..

They told me it is: WA 8624

Any different opinions ? I am planning to paint a couple things & would like to try & get the color right..... My Ride is an 08 Panel.

Thanks..
Old 10-05-2009, 05:26 PM

your paint code is inside the glove box if you want the exact color. https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...ght=paint+code
Old 10-05-2009, 06:24 PM

Appliance white.....

Hi SSGuy, I am not sure of the color code, but I know our cars are WHITE...refrigerator white. Microwave white. Actually I really like the bright white. I've parked my car near many other white cars in the last few months, and they all look dirty or cream color compared to the SS. I know that Testors white model paint matches great for touch up. On my past two white cars, that Testors paint stood out like a sore thumb as being to clean and bright. Not on "Elvis". I parked beside a new white Malibu today, and the Malibu looked cream color in comparison, but not if you looked at it by itself. Now, if you get the color just right it makes the roof look chopped.....

Heh, heh, heh. God Bless, Marc
Old 10-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks Guys, Yes I know the code is in the glove box,
50U which Chevy says translates to: WA 8624..

But my intent of my question was why do some Chevy Dealers call that code Olympic White, & others call it Summit White ???

that's what confuses me..

Marc- Chopped top.. what's that a model ? Kinda reminds me of the former So-Cal HHr racer that crashed, cept no Red..

I like the White as well.. It's been a good color for rides I've had in the past & for me..
Old 10-06-2009, 02:47 AM

My HHR is listed as "Summit White" and when I needed some touch up paint I got "Olympic White" because that's what the VIN told them it was. The Olympic White ended up being waaaaaaaay brighter than the Summit White. When I showed the guy at the dealership I picked it up from he said it was most likely a white that was used for Pontiac, since GM doesn't seem to use the same shades of colors for any of their brands...
Old 10-06-2009, 05:25 AM

Hi SSGuy, Good eyes there. That was the styling mockup Canepa used to do the top chop for the So-Cal salt flat racer. I cannot tell if it is an actual car or a model, as the lower part looks correct. They later did clay model work on a real HHR nose and pulled a one-piece front end for it. I actually like the car as it sits in the photo, except for the wheels. I guess I need a 4" top chop. God Bless, Marc
Old 10-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by DanH
My HHR is listed as "Summit White" and when I needed some touch up paint I got "Olympic White" because that's what the VIN told them it was. The Olympic White ended up being waaaaaaaay brighter than the Summit White. When I showed the guy at the dealership I picked it up from he said it was most likely a white that was used for Pontiac, since GM doesn't seem to use the same shades of colors for any of their brands...
My Chevy Dealer said the HHRs' used the same White thru the years And also added the Summit White & Olympic White were the same paint code.

Something wrong with this situation ..

Just learned from another Chevy Dealer that the GM name is "Summit White" however any touch-up or additional paint supplied by Duplicolor is called Olympic White,
same paint code for 50U = WA 8624
Old 10-07-2009, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by SSguy
My Chevy Dealer said the HHRs' used the same White thru the years And also added the Summit White & Olympic White were the same paint code.

Something wrong with this situation ..

Just learned from another Chevy Dealer that the GM name is "Summit White" however any touch-up or additional paint supplied by Duplicolor is called Olympic White,
same paint code for 50U = WA 8624

GM Fail
Old 10-07-2009, 11:33 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by DanH
GM Fail
Thanks for your help..
Old 10-08-2009, 08:27 AM

The different divisions of GM often call the same color by different names.For example,Chevy calls my red HHR "Cardinal Red".Buick calls it "Merlot Jewel Metallic"-same WA number and paint code.

Quick Reply: Summit White vs Olympic White ?