General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Sun visor

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 09:02 PM

I did send a message to Kustom expressing interest that I would boot the cost for the mold if he wanted to follow up with his fiberglass shop, but I haven't heard back. I know he's not on here much..
Old 12-29-2019, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by letterman7
I did send a message to Kustom expressing interest that I would boot the cost for the mold if he wanted to follow up with his fiberglass shop, but I haven't heard back. I know he's not on here much..
just doing some digging and possibly thinking I'd like to put a visor on mine. I am speciffically looking for a fiberglass one as i also own a fairly large fiberglass shop that specializes in performance boat stuff, i have molds in my inventory that are almost forty feet long that i made from scratch so this is no prob. I can build the part and mold from scratch but would be much easier to either copy one that is no longer avaliable/in production or at least see how the most popular ones are designed and fastened on (that means post up pics if ya got one )
Old 12-29-2019, 11:21 AM
Administrator

A&P had pictures of both sides

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/mods...-guards-40061/

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/gene...n-visor-43062/
Old 12-29-2019, 12:07 PM
Administrator

A different approach

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/mods...d-visor-46031/
Old 12-29-2019, 01:41 PM

love to find a Lund, that looks good. In all honesty i would like to find a discontinued one to copy (which is pretty much all of them lol) I have a wicked strong streak of ethics when it comes to copying (or splashing as we call it in the industry) others work. In general though throughout this business its thought of as ok as long as a particular part has run its marketable course and ceases to be in production any longer. A project like this would not be for much more monetary gain then to shoulder the mold production costs and getting a few parts out to members and such. I would estimate the raw part price in the two to two fifty range for a short run. I am assuming they are few and far between with the prospects of finding one in a yard or for sale pretty slim. That being said if anyone had one currently off a vehicle i would be more then happy to collateralize using one for a short time with cash or whatever. I would much rather buy one if one pops up though

Thanks for the pics OB, i can actually make a plug (mock up) with those pics alone and the parts car i just picked up if need be
Old 12-29-2019, 09:07 PM
Platinum Member

Old 12-29-2019, 10:12 PM
Administrator

You’re welcome!
Old 12-13-2020, 09:38 AM

bought one used......no instructions, contacted cruiser motorsports about getting a copy and was told "NO" they couldn't do it because the package it comes in is sealed. i even offered a twenty for the instructions and still no......
Old 12-13-2020, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Post a photo or 2 of your visor, top , bottom and each end.
Apparently some prices of the windshield end molding needs to be cut away and the ends get fastened to the windshield pillars with self tapping screws or rivnuts and in the middle there’s a block that is bonded to the windshield and the visor.
Can’t be to complicated! Wish the border was open, I’d like to see this get installed, so photos, please!
Old 12-13-2020, 03:24 PM

Cruiser only sold it; contact the mfg. Try looking for the brand (Vizor) on the interwebs, I have found many different types of "lost" instruction that way.
It is advertised as "no drill"; so I'm guessing the instruction are "pull the release film off of the double sided tape and install."

Usually you are supposed to get the release film started then hold the item in place while pulling the film off from underneath.

Quick Reply: Sun visor