General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Sunburst Orange Diecast on eBay

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 02:52 PM

Alonzie...I'll keep my eyes open for sure. I collect diecast and would love to have a 1/24 or 1/18 HHR. If they don't make it in my color, it will be eventually. Thanks for the heads up.

Joe...I didn't think your sig was always naked. Now get busy and take some pics...you know how we are around here. We want pics...and the more the better.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:28 PM

These prices are rediculous, whoever did the die-cast has been hanging around this site toooo long!!!!
Old 06-10-2006, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Alzonie
Give it a little more time guys, Im sure some one will be coming out with a 1/24, or 1/18 scale diecast HHR before too long. Keep an eye on this website: (www.exoticar.com) Or just check out your local "Toys Are Us", or Walmart from time to time. Al
Here's another website I had forgotten about. Probably a better one than exoticars actually, possibly a little cheaper in some cases.
(DiecastAuto.com) I used to be into collecting diecasts "big time" for 25/30 years. Then I just plain ran out of room for any more a couple of years ago. Now they've become dust collecters, or they're still in boxes in the closet. I'll bet I must have about 300 or so. Actually I wish I could find a Hobby Shop that would take about 3/4 of them off my hands.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:06 PM

Thanks for the additional website Alonzie. Looking through their website now and will write to them as well and see what they say.

I wrote to a place yesterday called DiecastCarUSA and told them what we were looking for. They wrote back and told me the best bet for someone to make those would be ERTL, so I will contact them by email next week.

Now let me pick everyone's brain. The 1/24 & 1/18 old classics that they sell in like KMart, Target & Walmart...what brand are those...or does anyone know? We're wracking our brains over here and can't figure it out. Guess if no one here can, when we're out tomorrow to go to a classic car show in the morning, I'll hop on over to KMart which is in the same lot and see what they are. Give's me a chance to look for a road ripper again too.

Will let you guys know what I find out...if anything tomorrow.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:33 PM

speaking of road rippers...I just purchased one today for my "son" at toy's r us...wooohoo!

cant wait to paint the ripper with sunburst orange!
Old 06-10-2006, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
Thanks for the additional website Alonzie. Looking through their website now and will write to them as well and see what they say.

I wrote to a place yesterday called DiecastCarUSA and told them what we were looking for. They wrote back and told me the best bet for someone to make those would be ERTL, so I will contact them by email next week.

Now let me pick everyone's brain. The 1/24 & 1/18 old classics that they sell in like KMart, Target & Walmart...what brand are those...or does anyone know? We're wracking our brains over here and can't figure it out. Guess if no one here can, when we're out tomorrow to go to a classic car show in the morning, I'll hop on over to KMart which is in the same lot and see what they are. Give's me a chance to look for a road ripper again too.

Will let you guys know what I find out...if anything tomorrow.
Deb, There are a bunch of companies in on the Die-Cast craze these days, not like back in the 70s when there very few. Especially in the larger scales. Here are some websites I just took off my "Un-opened" models.
(www.wellydiecast.com) (www.yatming.com) (www.anson-scalemodel.com)
(www.ffertl3.com) (www.rcertl.com). There's also Maisto International, but there was no website shown on the box. Hope this helps, Al
Old 06-10-2006, 09:38 PM

Now let me pick everyone's brain. The 1/24 & 1/18 old classics that they sell in like KMart, Target & Walmart...what brand are those...or does anyone know?
I just checked my husband's collection of diecast classic cars. They are all Ertyl. They were purchased at various places. I hope that helps.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by HHR DLYT
I just checked my husband's collection of diecast classic cars. They are all Ertyl. They were purchased at various places. I hope that helps.
Thanks for the information...I appreciate it very much. As you may have read above, I'm going to contact several diecast companies and see if they have plans to make 1/24 HHR's. There are alot of people who would buy these, so I'm going to see if/when this might happen.

Alonzie...thanks for the new links. Guess I'll start a favorites folder just for these. Like I need more folders.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:26 PM

Deb if you want a road ripper check the Target @ 120th & Wads. Saw one there Thurs. and it may still be there. Allready have one so I didn't pick it up.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Hays Hot Rod
Deb if you want a road ripper check the Target @ 120th & Wads. Saw one there Thurs. and it may still be there. Allready have one so I didn't pick it up.
Hey thanks Dan...I'll have to try and get over there in the next couple days. Got a pretty full schedule tomorrow...going to Advance Auto Parts show at 104th by SuperKMart in the morning first thing @ 9:00 when voting starts. Hang out for a bit...hop over to KMart for a couple things and then get home in time to watch the NASCAR Pocono race. You gonna run by the Advance Auto thing?

Went to 2 car shows today too and need to develop film. One was at DeVry @ 122nd & Pecos and the other one we just ran into when we went shopping at Kings on 104th & Washington. PM me if you'll be around for that in the morning.