General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Sunflowerhippies SS!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 08:40 AM
Founding Member

Yes that's her old car. Last warranty repair was 8/25/11. Throttle body replaced. There were more like 14 warranty repairs not 6 service tickets like CarFax says. Seems that the accuracy of a CarFax is in question don't you think?
Old 02-11-2012, 09:01 AM

Is that info from the GMVIS? CarFax doesn't have access to that AFAIK.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:12 AM
Founding Member

GM has been down all week and will not be up until Monday, but they have a new feature that allows me to see any history at any GM dealership. This includes warranty and customer paid repairs. I can't see something that happened at a Toyota dealer or a Jiffy Lube for instance though.

Right now the only thing that pulls up is the GM dealer history files. This doesn't show me who the dealer is but gives me a quick recap of dealer service visits and marks those with a W or a C.

So today I can't see PAID claims by GM but I see the history that the dealer shows in their files.

When the full GM site becomes available again on Monday I can see the PAID claims by GM.

Either way Dealer history shows more than CarFax and Carfax pulls the same history from dealer operating systems, so there seems to be some discrepancies.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
(snip)
Either way Dealer history shows more than CarFax and Carfax pulls the same history from dealer operating systems, so there seems to be some discrepancies.
I would concur..
Old 02-12-2012, 05:09 PM

GM has been down all week and will not be up until Monday, but they have a new feature that allows me to see any history at any GM dealership. This includes warranty and customer paid repairs. I can't see something that happened at a Toyota dealer or a Jiffy Lube for instance though.

Right now the only thing that pulls up is the GM dealer history files. This doesn't show me who the dealer is but gives me a quick recap of dealer service visits and marks those with a W or a C.

So today I can't see PAID claims by GM but I see the history that the dealer shows in their files.

When the full GM site becomes available again on Monday I can see the PAID claims by GM.

Could it be the dealer bought it at auction then couldn't "see" the right info because the site was down for the week?
Old 02-14-2012, 09:06 AM

OMG!!! haha

I saw she left the local lot recently.

1... they took out the weathertech floor mats.
2... looks like the fixed the boo boo the front bumper had when I bought the car

And yuppers it is my old car. Poor baby girl. I hope that the last major overhall of all this electric wires in the whole car will fix all the problems I was having.

Oh and I got my sticker months before I sold it :-P
Old 02-14-2012, 09:07 AM

Yes that's her old car. Last warranty repair was 8/25/11. Throttle body replaced. There were more like 14 warranty repairs not 6 service tickets like CarFax says. Seems that the accuracy of a CarFax is in question don't you think?
I actually was so annoyed for a while I would go in with a list of 3-5 things per 1 trip in, it also would spend a month or so there each trip. I think it spent about 5 months total in the shop. lol Might only be 6 "trips" but a ton of items.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:08 AM

Oh and I love how my tire pressure sensors still aren't working.

After reading the carfax more...it's missing 1 new turbo, 3 new wastegates, 2nd and 3rd trip in for wiring... i give up, oh god carfax sucks.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Sunflowerhippi
OMG!!! haha

Oh and I got my sticker months before I sold it :-P
We don't get stickers here anymore.. That's in the past now..

Hope your Scion is doing right by you..
Old 02-14-2012, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper
We don't get stickers here anymore.. That's in the past now..

Hope your Scion is doing right by you..
Aww but stickers are fun. My scions buiding a pile of them for once I get time and its warmer. No complants yet, going to break 11k today.