General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

For those concerned about the popularity of the HHR

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Banned

For those concerned about the popularity of the HHR

http://autos.aol.com/gallery/cars-for-300-per-month

11 top cars to own for less then $300 a month.

that might just be ALL of them though.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:21 AM

The way I'm reading it, it just says "AOL Autos: Cars for Only $300 a Month". Don't see anything that says "11 top cars to own for less then $300 a month."

But yeah, I think this may be ALL of them! LOL
Old 09-29-2007, 11:34 AM
Banned

Best Cars for $300 a Month

This was title on the the page which led me to that link,,,,,AOL home page
I will say this. I drove most of those cars and the Fit was too small, The Caliber was too noisy. The Vibe/Matrix was my first choice. I did not even consider the others. Until I saw the HHR at the Caliber test ride lot.

Dealer asking as much as a new Matrix though. LOL I passed and made a half serious low ball offer. They didn't laugh me off the lot so I though Hmmm maybe I should take a closer look. The rest is history as they say.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:36 AM

Aol gave a better review than MSN autos, but I wonder about their accuracy. In further reading of their short blurb on the 2008 model

"The HHR is available in four trim levels: Special Edition, LS, 1LT, and 2LT. The standard trims come as a four door with either a 2.2- or 2.4-liter Ecotec engine and 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic CVT transmission. Its design is not only pleasing but practical, as the boxy shape lends itself to increased interior space. Standard safety features include daytime running lights and driver and front passenger air bags."

CVT? If that's true then forget about an auto tranny. I drove a a friends Nissan Murano with CVT and couldn't get used to the lack of "felt" shift points. It was just plain weird.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by GRUMPEE
Aol gave a better review than MSN autos, but I wonder about their accuracy. In further reading of their short blurb on the 2008 model

"The HHR is available in four trim levels: Special Edition, LS, 1LT, and 2LT. The standard trims come as a four door with either a 2.2- or 2.4-liter Ecotec engine and 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic CVT transmission. Its design is not only pleasing but practical, as the boxy shape lends itself to increased interior space. Standard safety features include daytime running lights and driver and front passenger air bags."

CVT? If that's true then forget about an auto tranny. I drove a a friends Nissan Murano with CVT and couldn't get used to the lack of "felt" shift points. It was just plain weird.
Yeah the Caliber had me "confused" as well with the CVT.

It's a fluff piece. I really have not read a great review of this car, except here. LOL But I like it......so far.

You have Silver with tan interior? I actually like the tan interior. Although the dashboard and door panels look a little cheap. May have to buy one of those $3000 "wood kits" to dress it up a tad.
Mira Mesa.....I used to live down the 805/163 off Clairemont Mesa Blvd exit. LOL.
15 years in San Diego. Nice for awhile.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:54 AM

I originally wanted one with a grey interior, but there were none available at the dealer. And the only DSM available, other than the "Higher" mileage demo, was on it's way on the transporter. Once I saw the interior, I told myself thatI could live with it. I got a english burl dash kit earlier this year, but with work, family emergency's and I haven't been able to find the time to install it.

In the 90's I used to live on Tanglewood off of Balboa Ave (close to Mesa College). Had to get sane and smart and move out of Tweakerville . Traffic on the freeways still sucks, but I've been lucky, my job commute is only minutes away in Sorrento Valley.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GRUMPEE
I originally wanted one with a grey interior, but there were none available at the dealer. And the only DSM available, other than the "Higher" mileage demo, was on it's way on the transporter. Once I saw the interior, I told myself thatI could live with it. I got a english burl dash kit earlier this year, but with work, family emergency's and I haven't been able to find the time to install it.
My only issue with the dashboards in around the center vents. I don't like the plastic "humps" not covered. Does your kit have them molded completely to the Chrome rings?

There are some companies that make the molded wood rather then the flat wood.

I am embarrassed to say I bought the Vinyl stick on just to see what it would look like. It looked as cheap as the factory dash LOL. I took it off and chucked it. So far I have bought and thrown away stick on Door Vents and the Vinyl dash kit. $100 down the drain...

Am really going to investigate the wood kit before I jump.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:16 PM

The only molded piece on my kit is the center console around the central vents/radio. The rest are falt pieces. I think the molded piece just covers the hump around the chrome rings. Quality looks good , but can't say how it will look until I find the time to install it. The kit I bought covers the central dash , around the instrument panel, lower dash @ the window switches, side window vents and the door Pull cups. There are some kits that have more like 55 pieces and are flat. But I think it's a crap shoot there are good kits and bad kits. Again won't know how good it looks until I install it
Old 09-29-2007, 12:38 PM

I wish I was only paying 300.00 amonth. My credit sucks and with no down I'm WELL over that
Old 09-29-2007, 01:29 PM
Platinum Member

I think most people recognize that if AOL, MSN, Earthlink or whoever, displays a rating article, it is a "fluff" piece, as the previous member has indicated.

Generally recognized "news" or media agencies are more trustworthy (even if it isn't what you want to hear).

Usually taken "with a grain of salt" !!

Quick Reply: For those concerned about the popularity of the HHR