General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Time Out Dolls... do you have one?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by REDFLYR

old cars a dime a dozen but people still come out to see them... so unless its for points... who cares
Then I should have a warehouse full of 'em.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:53 PM

The best use I've seen of them is under one of the tires
Old 06-02-2008, 12:18 AM

The judges should only have the car for less than 20 min... the point shows that I have been to (Jaguar and Chevy) the judging time was written on the score sheet +- 10 min... rags down a 10 am... don t touch the car until judged... all the rest of the day the car was mine and the judges had no say in how I display my car. As I mentioned before we have shown for years. JaguarClubNorthAmerica 2001 2nd in class D7 (1990-thur current model... competing with showroom cars) 9.988 (seven show avg) 1990 XJ6... Plus we were racing the car at the same time. At the British Field Meet in Portland, OR we were presented BEST IN Marque. In an all Chevy prepoint score the 1970 Malibu scored 97.21 as a driven. So I think I know about as much about showing cars as you... know about judging them... at a point show the car only belongs to the judges for a few min. I have had to remind them serveral times that their time was up

We hardly show points any more... to much work... to many experts??? I have a friend that has a Gen2 Camaro that is litterally a 100 point 1st owner with the build sheets... dealer pamphlets/orignal acc sheets... that has to argue the wheels at every every show...

We bring 'Sunny' to every show... I could use the helper dog thing but we don t... No pets... we go home
Old 06-02-2008, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Leon
The best use I've seen of them is under one of the tires

now that's what i thought i would hear
Old 06-02-2008, 12:28 AM
Founding Member

I personally don't have one.

As a spectator, I would prefer not to see them up against the car. They're cute and all but I think they are better suited as a prop away from the car. When taking photographs of a car, I would prefer they not be in the picture.

I can see how one would use one to hide an imperfection.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:33 AM

I was at a car show a while back and a cop told the owner of one to take it out from under the tire because someone got upset about it. He refused, the cop threatened to arrest him, he said go ahead.... Never went any further.
Seems that was a crime, but some idiots burning the flag are protected by "free speech"
Old 06-02-2008, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by SindyDix
I personally don't have one.

As a spectator, I would prefer not to see them up against the car. They're cute and all but I think they are better suited as a prop away from the car. When taking photographs of a car, I would prefer they not be in the picture.

I can see how one would use one to hide an imperfection.

how about brag boards and trophies... guard ropes and barriers. tents over convertables. fuzzy dice. auto sound systems kept silent.

At Polson, MT last year the BEST OF SHOW was a 400K Merc that only had 17 miles on the rubber in FOUR years. They let him bring the car to his show spot (in the box) that was convenantly under an awning (there should be a class for the really really rich, that don t do any of the work on their cars). He did drive it through town for the trophy parade... so even the spectator shows you need to have some fun otherwise there is no point in going... you know who the winners are.

At the 55 aniversary show in Issaquah, WA (the largest gathering of 55 chevys in one spot according to Good Guys?) the two 55 $700,000 Nomads were display only (because they wanted it that way not because they were told to).
I have had people ask if I would mind moving my goodies while they take a picture. SURE.

Now for a funny... Several years ago a young girl passed by TOD several times. She asked "mommy, why is that little boy doing so much timeout"... I picked up TOD by the leg and held him up to show her it was only a doll. Two policeman about 30 feet away took four or five quick steps toward me before they relized that TOD was only a doll.

again the moms and kids go to show not just the gearheads.

Last edited by REDFLYR; 06-02-2008 at 01:53 AM.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Leon
I was at a car show a while back and a cop told the owner of one to take it out from under the tire because someone got upset about it. He refused, the cop threatened to arrest him, he said go ahead.... Never went any further.
Seems that was a crime, but some idiots burning the flag are protected by "free speech"

That means you can't slam the hood or trunk on them either

or have them being eat'n in the grill?
Old 06-02-2008, 01:42 AM

'Sunny' goes to all the shows/events... sometimes think he get more attention than the cars... so we call them 'his' cars. VERY friendly... doesn t shed to much... people actually ask if they can take pictures with him.

TOD has a Whidbey Cruzer jacket
Sunny has his Whidbey Cruzer neckerchief... had his jewelery remove and gained five pounds

Name:  SUNNY.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  22.6 KB

Last edited by REDFLYR; 06-02-2008 at 04:23 AM.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:12 AM

You're always gonna have someone who doesn't like what you do. Personally I think they are cute and I've seen some very creative things done with them at the shows I have attended.

This one here had to have been one of the neatest ones I have seen and really worked well with the guys display.

Name:  ThorntonFest2007051.jpg
Views: 1218
Size:  104.6 KB

Quick Reply: Time Out Dolls... do you have one?