General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Time Out Dolls... do you have one?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 01:24 PM

You're always gonna have someone who doesn't like what you do. That gives me more fuel to do it, mind your own damn business if no one is getting hurt. People that impose their own beliefs on others are complete asses. Now if I could ony find one that would moon you.....
Old 06-02-2008, 04:59 PM

Can't stand them.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Platinum Member

They DO MAKE FOR really good long range sniper rifle targets .

Honestly however, I have no preference if a vehicle display uses them or not. I don't own any....but each to his own !!! So enjoy what you like.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:06 PM

I think they're kind of silly. Car shows should be about cars not dolls. Just my opinion, though. Also, there should be no pets at car shows.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
I think they're kind of silly. Car shows should be about cars not dolls. Just my opinion, though. Also, there should be no pets at car shows.
I like doggies! Been going to car shows since 1983 and I have yet to see a "bad" dog or step in any poo. Someone did bring a baby alligator once that got away, you never seen so much running and screaming. The cops came and captured the 18 inch long gator and arrested the dude for possessing an endangered animal. Kittehs are nice too. Helper dogs and therapy dogs RAWK!!!
Old 06-02-2008, 06:38 PM

Reminds me of my World Finals days....LOL

One year, my wife and I brought a wading pool and some blow-up palm trees to an indoor show in KC...IN NOVEMBER!. We then wore our swimsuits to the show and drank Coronas and sat in the pool.

The judges and staff *****ed, so the next year, being from Texas, we went to same said show and brought yards and yards of denim and hay bails, old cowboy boots, etc.... Hay was EVERYWHERE and they griped some more!

Third year, we brought our easy-up and chairs and coolers.....and they were upset because we HAD NO COOL DISPLAY THAT YEAR!!!!!!

IMO...do what YOU want. You own the car, you paid the entry, have fun YOUR way and screw the haters!

edit: OH...and I won 5 World Championships during those three years, so the judges obviously didn't care either way about the displays, it was the CAR that won, not my wife in a bikini. LOL
Old 06-02-2008, 08:25 PM

try nickles... 300' much more challenging
Old 06-02-2008, 08:28 PM

didn t ask... pets don t run bicycles into $20.000 paint jobs... Lions Oak Harbor show two years ago.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by collyn
Reminds me of my World Finals days....LOL

One year, my wife and I brought a wading pool and some blow-up palm trees to an indoor show in KC...IN NOVEMBER!. We then wore our swimsuits to the show and drank Coronas and sat in the pool.

The judges and staff *****ed, so the next year, being from Texas, we went to same said show and brought yards and yards of denim and hay bails, old cowboy boots, etc.... Hay was EVERYWHERE and they griped some more!

Third year, we brought our easy-up and chairs and coolers.....and they were upset because we HAD NO COOL DISPLAY THAT YEAR!!!!!!

IMO...do what YOU want. You own the car, you paid the entry, have fun YOUR way and screw the haters!

edit: OH...and I won 5 World Championships during those three years, so the judges obviously didn't care either way about the displays, it was the CAR that won, not my wife in a bikini. LOL

thanks... I generally do... just to p ss people off... wifie says I enjoy it to much.

I am curious though... the thread was "who has" not "who likes" I think there are two possible answers... oops

I am rounding up pictures to share a little later

thanks again
Old 06-02-2008, 08:57 PM

at a show about four years ago... we were showing our Malibu. We entered the car "Display" three gearhead stood over the right front looking under the hood... they walked away... came back... left again... came back. I was trying figure what they were looking at so I asked... the battery. Before I sprang for a $200 DELCO reproduction... I showed with a "fake" battery top... took these three "experts" x 3 to figure it out.

Quick Reply: Time Out Dolls... do you have one?