General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Timing belt replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 09:28 AM
Deceased

Do you have an annoying rattling in your mufflers? Are they sagging a little? Don't quite sound right? That could be the symptoms of a worn muffler bearing. Allow me to introduce the KaleCoAuto muffler bearing! It's unique iron-graphite composite with pre-grease-packed assembly provides over 200,000 miles of smooth muffler operation! It is most likely they will outlast your mufflers. Also works well on heavy duty exhaust systems. One per muffler.
Attached Images  
Old 03-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 843de
Do you have an annoying rattling in your mufflers? Are they sagging a little? Don't quite sound right? That could be the symptoms of a worn muffler bearing. Allow me to introduce the KaleCoAuto muffler bearing! It's unique iron-graphite composite with pre-grease-packed assembly provides over 200,000 miles of smooth muffler operation! It is most likely they will outlast your mufflers. Also works well on heavy duty exhaust systems. One per muffler.
Now that is cool. Talk about a boon to low-maintenance!!! Where can I order one, or do I need two, the second one for the resonator? Not sure if the resonator uses one or not. Or does the HHR have a resonator? Heck I am not sure if I even have an HHR anymore - the alphabet is confusing you know.

Are they expensive?

Where can I get the best price on one?

Are they easy to install? Does anyone have detailed instructions on how to install them? I would have used the search feature here, but I am too lazy.

Whatever help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Gonna go pump up my tires on the HHR, or whatever that car is in the driveway, up to 100PSI. That should get me better gas milage in the neighbourhood of 50mpg in the city, and also make it easier to do those too frequent oil changes.

One last thing - I installed new rear shock absorbers last week, but still get a static electricity zap when touching the car at times - but the zaps are definitely lessened. Would installing new shock absorbers in the front help further alleviate the problem?

Are they expensive?

Where can I get the best price on one, or two?

Are they easy to install? Does anyone have detailed instructions on how to install them? I would have used the search feature here, but I couldn't find it this time.

Does anyone know where the search function is here? How can I find it if I can't search for it, or is it ... how can I search for it, if I can't find it?

Please out!
Old 03-25-2011, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by whopper
Now that is cool. Talk about a boon to low-maintenance!!! Where can I order one, or do I need two, the second one for the resonator? Not sure if the resonator uses one or not. Or does the HHR have a resonator? Heck I am not sure if I even have an HHR anymore - the alphabet is confusing you know.

Are they expensive?

Where can I get the best price on one?

Are they easy to install? Does anyone have detailed instructions on how to install them? I would have used the search feature here, but I am too lazy.

Gonna go pump up my tires on the HHR, or whatever that car is in the driveway, up to 100PSI. That should get me better gas milage in the neighbourhood of 50mpg in the city, and also make it easier to do those too frequent oil changes.

One last thing - I installed new rear shock absorbers last week, but still get a static electricity zap when touching the car at times - but the zaps are definitely lessened. Would installing new shock absorbers in the front help further alleviate the problem?

Are they expensive?

Where can I get the best price on one, or two?

Are they easy to install? Does anyone have detailed instructions on how to install them? I would have used the search feature here, but I couldn't find it this time.

Does anyone know where the search function is here? How can I find it if I can't search for it, or is it ... how can I search for it, if I can't find it?

Please out!
Step away from the coffee pot.......
Old 03-25-2011, 11:36 AM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by 843de
I have three where the fan belt is still a fan belt ('67,'61'and '37), and aren't the muffler bearings on the HHR's sealed?
shouldn't they be exposed so you could see the chrome ??
Old 03-25-2011, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by whopper
And the muffler bearings should be repacked every 50,000 miles, or once every 3 years, whichever comes first.
and dont forget to change the blinker fluid at the same time and may want to consider rotating the air in the tires
Old 03-25-2011, 06:35 PM
Deceased

Are you blinkers sluggish? Do they make an annoying ticking noise? Do they not flash fast enough? Here's your solution. Little do people know, factory quality blinker fluid should be changed every 150,000 blinks. Our blinker fluid lasts ten times that. KaleCoAuto high quality synthetic blinker fluid meets the highest DOT standards while not being in the least bit DOT legal! KaleCoAuto blinker fluid provides you with thousands of hours of reliable blinking without the wear and tear on the flash-synchro's that the other blinker fluids cause. KaleCoAuto blinker fluid will not lose its viscosity even in the most extreme situations. Why buy that old dino-blinker fluid, when you can get our unique patented synthetic formula? Satisfaction guaranteed!! For use in any car.
Attached Images  
Old 03-25-2011, 06:48 PM

100mpg from a V8? Here's how..

Old 03-25-2011, 07:13 PM

dont forget the uderslung floor mats and the johnson rods.???
Old 03-25-2011, 07:16 PM

all this tech help.?

you guys are toooo funny.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:02 PM
Platinum Member

seriously guys, is the "kanuter valve" covered under the drivetrain warranty ??

Quick Reply: Timing belt replacement