General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Torn between HHR and G6

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 03:35 PM

they are actually pretty cool little trucks for off-roading, though i'd prefer something bigger they are capable, and built on a full box frame. i think the suzuki variant remains yet though.

i know what you mean Cpt. Howdy about trading from a performance oriented vehicle to a "family" car. i'm totally going to miss having this power on tap, and i'm going to miss the option to easily mod my car, but alas, i'm finally being responsible, and i know if i don't off this thing soon i'll be back on the modding tip, and that's not good for the wallet...
Old 01-20-2006, 03:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Vita
i know if i don't off this thing soon i'll be back on the modding tip, and that's not good for the wallet...
The same thing will happen if you buy an HHR. I thought the same thing when I bought my HHR but me being who I am started to mod it within the first week of owning it. I knew it was going to happen though so I was prepared. I haven't gotten too overboard yet just for the lack of performance parts. So far everything to come out for the HHR is cosmetic but I'm sure it wont be like that this year once all of the aftermarkets start releasing all of the stuff they're R&Ding right now. Once you're into customizing your car you don't grow out of it.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
The same thing will happen if you buy an HHR. I thought the same thing when I bought my HHR but me being who I am started to mod it within the first week of owning it. I knew it was going to happen though so I was prepared. I haven't gotten too overboard yet just for the lack of performance parts. So far everything to come out for the HHR is cosmetic but I'm sure it wont be like that this year once all of the aftermarkets start releasing all of the stuff they're R&Ding right now. Once you're into customizing your car you don't grow out of it.
tell me about it. i can't help but want to be faster than the guy next to me with the same car. i likely won't touch it until the warranty is up, then if i do get one (2.2 or 2.4), i'm going to turbo or supercharge it (if GM ever releases the ecotec s/c). same goes with the G6, i'll end up doing something to it if i end up with it.

i'm actually pretty excited to drive each back to back now though, then i can finally put this to rest. gotta make a decision tomorrow anyways...
Old 01-20-2006, 04:25 PM
Banned

gotta make a decision tomorrow anyways...
Hopefully it will be the HHR and not the G6, you won't be disapointed. Like you said I'll probably hold off untill the warranty is up if I do anything major like supercharger or turbocharger. I'll still do little performance things before though, like CAI and exhaust.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:39 PM

Hopefully it will be the HHR and not the G6, you won't be disapointed. Like you said I'll probably hold off untill the warranty is up if I do anything major like supercharger or turbocharger. I'll still do little performance things before though, like CAI and exhaust.
i may do exhaust, and CAI if performance gains are good enough (used to a supercharger, so intakes don't make too much of a difference when it's going to get what it needs regardless...) i might pick one up. though if i do, i'll probably powdercoat it black. i already have a mental image of my HHR, but won't reveal my deepest desires

judging by reactions from teh G6 forum i posted on, i'm likely to get an HHR, but if i can't get enough of the G6, it's over. oh well, i'll likely post this weekend sometime, or on monday as to what i choose.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Banned

Any HP gain is a good one. Enough little ones will add up after a while.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:07 AM

Any HP gain is a good one. Enough little ones will add up after a while.
i hear you on that, but i like to approach things with an end goal in mind, or i'd just end up with everything available. i think with a car like the HHR, i'd end up doing full suspension work before anything else, then brakes, then i'd have to go turbo.

i love to be able to toss my cars into the corners, and i'll seriously miss what i can do with the ION, and wouldn't expect it of the HHR, but to make it handle any better can't hurt. if i want power in this car, it'll be aimed at the straight line though, and what better start than an ecotec!
Old 01-21-2006, 06:12 PM
jx3

better be! j/k
funny as it may sound, the Chevy tracker (do they even make them) and suzuki variant are some real trucks, regardless of how they look. forgive me for being so literal...
Thankfully, they no longer make them.

I had an 89 Suzuki Sidekick (same as the Geo/Chevy Tracker). Had loads of fun with her. Started modifing the week I left the lot, starting with wider rims, dual Mikuni racing carbs, aluminum header, mid-range cam, and 2 in exuast. I could actually pull away from Camaros and Mustangs!!
Old 01-21-2006, 06:31 PM

G6's have had alot of complaints. Get the HHR.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:01 PM

drove both today.

you guys got a cool little car on your hands if it's your style. alas, i have to love the G6 more (2.4 ecotec). i'm sure you can cram plenty into them, but i wasn't as impressed as i thought i would be. granted the G6 wouldn't fit nearly as much.

in the end, the G6 just suited my driving style better, and had massive room in the car for passengers compared to the HHR. trunk is janky though, but it'll work for a daily driver. we can use the wifes car for camping anyways.

i know of any problems associated with the G6, but none have transferred over to the 2.4 yet, and i have a feeling it's due to the different drivetrain (programming). they also haven't been having the issues with the GTPs, so that just confirms my feelings.

Quick Reply: Torn between HHR and G6