General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Transmission problems, Anyone!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 06:41 PM

Thanks SindyDix & Karen1953 for your support. Much appreciated.
lc
Old 01-03-2007, 06:51 PM

Found this so far:

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...t=transmission
Old 01-03-2007, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by lcbarrett
All right, GreyGhost. Yeah, I'm new to this forum and yeah I posted a problem only to see if any other HHR lover had trany issues. I'm not one of those wanna bees. I thought since you guys site on this site that there was some real knowledge to be found by submitting a problem and getting a bonified helpful response. I guess you really don't have anything better to do than sit around and b*%** about other people and their really issues.

True problem exists. Nothing I did or the way I drive my car. Just a bad trany. New one being installed tomorrow. No thanks for your help. Skeptic!!!
Now now...as is typical with newbies...I did not accuse you of anything..simply stated the obvious. If you took offense to that, well that is on you. Please reread my comments. There was nothing hateful, just questioning. And if you really do have a problem than I apologize for making you feel uncomfortable. Welcome to the forum...and grow up! We say what we think on here and its not always gonna be what you want to hear. I hope you car is back to you quickly. How long did they say it would take? What dealer are you using as well. We all like to see how others are being treated by dealers. There have been a lot of horror stories as well as success from service issues. SOOOOO...let us know what dealer has you HHR!! Thanks.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by lcbarrett
All right, GreyGhost. Yeah, I'm new to this forum and yeah I posted a problem only to see if any other HHR lover had trany issues. I'm not one of those wanna bees. I thought since you guys site on this site that there was some real knowledge to be found by submitting a problem and getting a bonified helpful response. I guess you really don't have anything better to do than sit around and b*%** about other people and their really issues.

True problem exists. Nothing I did or the way I drive my car. Just a bad trany. New one being installed tomorrow. No thanks for your help. Skeptic!!!
What kind of warranty will you have on the new trans. since you drivetrain warranty is almost up. ?
Old 01-03-2007, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Dave C
What kind of warranty will you have on the new trans. since you drivetrain warranty is almost up. ?
Unless GM spots him some extra warranty time for it or he buys some level of GMPP extended warranty, he'll likely just get 90 days parts and labour on it.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:43 AM

When work is done under new car warranty it is only covered until the end of new car warranty unless you work out some kind of extension with GM, which doesn't happen often.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:37 AM

GreyGhost,

I appreciate your reply but I think you should lighten up on new people joining the forum. These types of comments can really turn people off to the site. No offense taken. Thanks for welcoming me into the forum in the most unusual way.

Dealer is Folsom Cheverolet in Folsom, CA. So far they have been very accomodating. Gave me a rental car with no hassle. Car should be ready today with new trany installed. Will provide more detail has to the mishap of the trany after I pick up my baby.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Yeah, I agree with greyghost.

What did you hit? The big question is why is the trans. fluid leaking from the bottom of the car. 90% of the time when you "blow" a trans. the "bands" or "clutches" go and you get severe slippage or just revving with no engagement. Hardly ever with fluid leaking "all over" unless a seal went bad.

Also I believe, there is a TSB about trans fluid leakage.

Did to check the trans fluid for a "burned" condition?
What are your other symptoms at 75 miles short of warranty expiration?
No symptoms before trany blew. Car was just serviced 12/8 for Maint I and oil change. I'm baffled! Car will be ready today with new trany installed. Great service from the dealer. No complaints so far. More detail on the prob after I pick her up.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:43 AM
Founding Member

That was really quick. Seems they may have had a transmission in the parts bin ready and waiting. Do keep us informed on what happened to your old trans and if they are extending the warranty on the new trans.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by SindyDix
That was really quick. Seems they may have had a transmission in the parts bin ready and waiting. Do keep us informed on what happened to your old trans and if they are extending the warranty on the new trans.
They had one shipped in arriving this morning. Should be installed by this afternoon or tomorrow AM. Will keep you posted on the prob with the old trany.
I'm also curious to know what kind of warranty they will offer me.

Quick Reply: Transmission problems, Anyone!