General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Transmission problems, Anyone!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 11:11 PM

Well, I agree that I drive my car fairly hard. But when I was at Bristol, I was driving around a professional racetrack, so I felt like testing the limits of the car. I do not normally drive my HHR THAT hard. While I understand the difference of opinion, I just dont feel that HHRCrafty's attitude was called for. I think we can all be professional and civilized :)
Old 01-10-2007, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by bisho1p
Well, I agree that I drive my car fairly hard. But when I was at Bristol, I was driving around a professional racetrack, so I felt like testing the limits of the car. I do not normally drive my HHR THAT hard. While I understand the difference of opinion, I just dont feel that HHRCrafty's attitude was called for. I think we can all be professional and civilized :)
His attitude isn't the only thing wrong with him I'm afraid.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:20 PM

LOL, mike :)
Old 01-11-2007, 06:36 PM
Banned

The only thing wrong with me is that I have an extra-sensitive BS-o-meter. There is absolutely no way in hell I would have approved replacing your clutch after seeing a strobe kit and siren on that vehicle. You see, unlike the Impala, Corvette, and Tahoe, the HHR is not available with a specialized pursuit/commercial option package--yet. We shall see with the Panel whether it will be equipped with specialized duty options.

When you purchase a vehicle equipped for such usage, everything about the powertrain is upgraded and the WARRANTY is also upgraded for livery use. The transmissions are equipped with stronger components and extra cooling equipment. As Elwood Blues would say, "Cop engine, cop brakes, cop suspension, etc..."

If you like to run your car hard, fine. But if you're going to drive it like hell, you're going to pay the piper sooner or later.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
The only thing wrong with me is that I have an extra-sensitive BS-o-meter. There is absolutely no way in hell I would have approved replacing your clutch after seeing a strobe kit and siren on that vehicle. You see, unlike the Impala, Corvette, and Tahoe, the HHR is not available with a specialized pursuit/commercial option package--yet. We shall see with the Panel whether it will be equipped with specialized duty options.

When you purchase a vehicle equipped for such usage, everything about the powertrain is upgraded and the WARRANTY is also upgraded for livery use. The transmissions are equipped with stronger components and extra cooling equipment. As Elwood Blues would say, "Cop engine, cop brakes, cop suspension, etc..."

If you like to run your car hard, fine. But if you're going to drive it like hell, you're going to pay the piper sooner or later.
He's kind of right....you know. I doubt if many dealers would replace a clutch at that mileage. Just lucky they did. Even some members here have had brake pads and rotors replaced at high mileage...most dealers wouldn't do that either.

Customer satisfaction is a nice thing.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
I've tried to stay out of this. But I do have to say that I would never expect GM to replace my clutch when I'd put 21k on the car in 6 months.

BTW, Paul, I mean no disrespect by this, but I'm one of the few people here who have seen you drive. I know it was at the track at Bristol but if you drive that aggressively on a daily basis I think your driving style may be the culprit here. That's a LOT of hard driving in a short time. I have had many cars with clutches before and until I went through a few clutches did I learn that the problem wasn't the clutch, it was how I drove.

That being said there is also a possibility that you did indeed get a bad clutch, still under most all warranties I've had a clutch is considered a wear-n-tear part.
Originally Posted by Snoopy
He's kind of right....you know. I doubt if many dealers would replace a clutch at that mileage. Just lucky they did. Even some members here have had brake pads and rotors replaced at high mileage...most dealers wouldn't do that either.

Customer satisfaction is a nice thing.
Well, sometimes you just get a bad clutch. However, I, like most people consider brake pads/rotors to be wear-and-tear items. Are clutches? Absolutely, but at 21K? Most clutches last to at least 100K. I talked to the dealership and they are also leaning toward calling this a defect.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:46 PM
Platinum Member

Unhappy

I agree sometimes you can get a bad clutch. I'd bet that was likely your case..

I also have had a girlfriend long ago burn my clutch out with-in 1 week, of borrowing my p/up truck...
Old 01-11-2007, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by SSguy
I agree sometimes you can get a bad clutch. I'd bet that was likely your case..

I also have had a girlfriend long ago burn my clutch out with-in 1 week, of borrowing my p/up truck...

Thats TERRIBLE SSGuy!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2007, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty

Good points. Well said.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:12 AM
Platinum Member

Talking

Originally Posted by bisho1p
Thats TERRIBLE SSGuy!!!!!!
Yes it was, & her reply: "Did I do that ?? Is that bad ?? Oh sorry..

Quick Reply: Transmission problems, Anyone!