General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

TrueDelta reliability survey results for the Chevrolet HHR

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 03:42 PM

The HHR is my first GM vehicle in over 25 years. I have purchased mostly Nissans and the odd Audi/Toyota. To date, 13,000 miles, no problems with the car at all. Dealer had to replace the outside temp sensor, my fault as I ran it through a deep puddle. The dealer has been so so, last time in for an oil change there was more than a little grease on the seat.
Consider myself lucky after reading some of the other owners' problems
Old 05-27-2007, 04:07 PM

MK, sorry if I overstepped and or stepped on someone’s toes here. My point for the most part is pointed toward write ups. Most seem to paint HHR’s in a poor light and comparisons that read like a critics New York, Broadway play review. I sure wouldn't judge someone’s work based on a small study group as a full spectrum of HHR’s produced. Nor would I want anyone to be discouraged from a purchase of a new HHR or any American made car without a fair comparison based on all data available. I had no Idea where this information was coming from or the author. In no way intended it as a slam to said researchers and or authors. It was only intended as my opinion and my own experience with my new HHR and the dealership experience I’ve had thus far.

Thanks, Curtis
Old 05-27-2007, 05:04 PM

I'll consider adding more info to the page, but people already complain about the site being too wordy. In general, the more I write, the less people read.

Someone posted results from the Hypothetical Reports earlier in this thread. At the top of that page it states that the numbers aren't based on real data in ALL CAPS and red. People still skip over that text.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by tracker515rf
The HHR is my first GM vehicle in over 25 years.
Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 22
Size:  5.6 KB to the posting part of the site!!!
Old 05-28-2007, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by rcsart
MK, sorry if I overstepped and or stepped on someone’s toes here. My point for the most part is pointed toward write ups. Most seem to paint HHR’s in a poor light and comparisons that read like a critics New York, Broadway play review. I sure wouldn't judge someone’s work based on a small study group as a full spectrum of HHR’s produced. Nor would I want anyone to be discouraged from a purchase of a new HHR or any American made car without a fair comparison based on all data available. I had no Idea where this information was coming from or the author. In no way intended it as a slam to said researchers and or authors. It was only intended as my opinion and my own experience with my new HHR and the dealership experience I’ve had thus far.

Thanks, Curtis
No problem. You just might want to edit your earlier post, as it presents data that are not real as real, and is thus misleading.

This happens too often. Might be time to put some fake brand and model names in for the real ones.

The main thing people need to realize, and which I state frequently, is that the size of the differences is not large. Even with below average reliability the HHR will be in the shop less than once a year, and that's for the first model year.

I'd suggest that someone who wants top-notch reliability should likely buy something else, but others should weigh the possibility of an extra repair trip every couple of years against the advantages of the HHR and decide accordingly. I actually intend for my research to make the latter process more possible and thus more likely. Right now many people are making all sorts of compromises to get a "very reliable" vehicle, without realizing how small the differences can be.