General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Turn Signal Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 06:58 PM

Turn Signal Alarm

I discovered something tonight. I left my turn signal on for a long time and I started hearing a chime. I didn't know what it was but realized that I had forgotten to turn off the turn signal after merging onto the interstate. As soon as I turned it off, the chime stopped.

Old 06-10-2006, 08:00 PM
Banned

That annoying clicking noise?
Old 06-10-2006, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
That annoying clicking noise?
Nope, not that. I left the turn signal on for longer than "normal" after I merged onto the interstate - I just forgot I turned it on and since I merged, it didn't turn off like it would when turning a corner - several minutes??? Then a chime started going off. I looked at everything to see WTF was the deal, then realized the turn signal was still on. After I switched it off, the chiming stopped.

Old 06-10-2006, 08:42 PM

Yeah, my other car does that too... I call it the "You're getting old" alarm, perfect for a Florida car.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Tokyo
Yeah, my other car does that too... I call it the "You're getting old" alarm, perfect for a Florida car.
Whew! I thought it was due to that last Miller Lite schooner I drank before heading out!

Old 06-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Tokyo
Ouch...Will, that hurt !!!!!! No need to pick on old guys like me. !!!!
Old 06-10-2006, 10:53 PM

I thought I read in the manual that it came on after a 1/4 mile of driving with the turn signal on.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by ivtech
I thought I read in the manual that it came on after a 1/4 mile of driving with the turn signal on.
That's what I read too...so I tried it out one day when I was on a road where there weren't any cars...and sure enough...ding...ding...ding.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:00 AM

WOW.... Didn't see/ know that...... A wiper that comes on the faster you go, a computer that figures your gas mileage, and your driving habits, lets you know when you need to change oil. A car that turns all lights off after 15 minutes after you get out, a car that turns the radio off after you open the door and also keeps the lights on til you get inside the house. An automatic headlight switch, from daylight to dark, a little light to see your radio and window controls at night, a rear view mirror that automatically dims, a car that talks to you if you crash, get lost, or will unlock your car if you get locked out. Able to start when you're in the house. What will they think of next? If this little car does much more, I'll need to marry it.
It's soo cute too.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:00 AM

Don't forget to invite your friends from chevyhhr.net to the festivities

Quick Reply: Turn Signal Alarm