General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Turtle Wax Liquid Ice set for $10 at Target

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 08:10 PM

Turtle Wax Liquid Ice set for $10 at Target

Hey everyone, wanted to pass along a find.

Went to target tonight and got some "x-mas" extension cords and 3M command hooks on 75% off clearance. Noticed one of the Turtle wax liquid ice gift sets in the section and it didn't have any tags on it, so i asked a sales person. I guess they wanted to get rid of them, normally $30 or $40 and she said they marked them all down to $10 and that was the last one. I was at the target in Michigan and they had an entire shelf of them and it said $15, i passed it up because i was in a rush.

So i picked up the one today, for $10 (or $15 depending on were you are) you get (and these are full size bottles compared them to others in the aisle for sale separately):

- 1 bottle of liquid polish
- 1 bottle of car wash
- 1 bottle of liquid detailer
- 1 bottle of window cleaner
- 1 one bottle of vinyl, plastic, leather cleaner
- 2 microfiber cloths
- 1 carrying case

So when i looked in the aisle, they had a bottle of the plastic cleaner, and it was 10.88. and the detailer was 9.50, same size bottles and everything.

I have only used the detailer before, i have a bottle already. I like it a lot, gives it a great shine, HOWEVER you cart picks up finger prints easily with it. Only downside, but it looks great on the car.

So for $10, go check out your target and pick up a steal.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:12 PM

just did a search online and found a picture of it, looks like i missed out on the applicator pad... Mine is missing the cardboard so i didn't know what to get. On slick deals people said some stores had it knocked down to 7.50... If they had more i would have bought them, too bad we only have one target here.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:54 PM

I just picked up the Armor All Xmas Car Kit at Tar-jay (75% off) for $6.24! I have 3 targets within 4 miles of my house...can walk to one of them!

I prefer Meguiar's, but couldn't pass this up...

@
Old 12-30-2008, 10:15 PM

i was looking on slick deals and saw that some might have the armor alls as well, i wouldn't mind getting that too... When i as in michigan they had tons of x-mas and discounted stuff, and they have 3 targets, then i cam back to indiana and we have 1 and it was already picked pretty clean.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:26 PM

Thumbs up i bought 5!

It is funny you posted this, because I was waiting for Target to mark these to 75%, and I knew the Targets near me increase the discount on Tuesday each week. So I went on my lunch hour today and picked up 5 of these kits for $7.50 each! The polish alone is $14.99...it is at least $50 worth of cleaning supplies. Ice is my preferred car care product, but I don't always purchase it as it is one of the more expensive products...THIS IS CERTAINLY A GREAT FIND!
Old 12-31-2008, 02:24 AM

OOOOO Guess I going to Target tomorrow!!
Old 12-31-2008, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by JRACERX
same here.....wonder what the Targets by me will have?
Old 12-31-2008, 08:17 AM

thanks

that is a great deal. after researching waxes i just bought some Collinite. i haven't used it yet, but from what i have read i think it may be the best wax ever made. i found a dealer that used to work at the factory where it is made. i will post more about it after i actually use it myself. has any body on here ever used it? and what did you think? i am still going to target-i can't turn down a good deal.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by JRACERX
Hey Joe!
I noticed the stock varied by Target. Irvine market place had about 25 of the ICE and only about 4 of the Armor All's and the opposite at the Target in Orange....so shop around! I may get more of the Armor All for gifts--for $6.24, a great deal!

@ngelita
Old 12-31-2008, 10:37 AM

i might go to walmart today (even though i hate it there) since i know they carried the same armor all ones to see if they are clearancing them out as well. Somehow i doubt it. Might call my parents and see if they'll be going by a target in Michigan to check.

No other ones near me to check here unfortunately.

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax Liquid Ice set for $10 at Target