General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

unfriendly HHR

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 06:42 PM
Banned

Speaking as someone who never cared much about the car I drive. I bought the HHR because of it's utility and then price first. I was shopping for a Matrix/Vibe. I always look for "enthusiast" forums (every make and brand has one) to see what issues can arise from those who are over the top regarding their cars.

Since I have perused the forums I have been enjoying adding some things. I do not want a pimp mobile, nor do I want it to look like Im driving my kids car LOL. Have to be very careful with the mods to keep it stock yet slightly different. I normally do not even wash my cars more then once a month and don't do it at home. CAr washes are faster and easier. But I ordered some Zaino and gonna give it a good polish. Maybe I will be a convert. Maybe I will just see it as another car. Who knows,
Old 10-17-2007, 07:28 PM

Location: Fresno, California (formerly of Modesto, Ca. -- hometown of George Lucas, formerly of Winnipeg, Mb.)
Tricia always waves and smiles at passing HHR's. Sometimes they wave and smile back, other times, they have that 'don't make eye contact or they'll follow us home' look on their faces.

she also remembers when she had her old VW Beetle (the original) when she was in the Navy. Everyone waved and smiled at you if you drove one.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by iwannaHHR
What is the deal........ When I had my 05 GTO you couldn't pass a fellow GTO owner without slowing down and getting a thumbs up or a hearty wave and forget about not talking if you pulled up next to one at a red light.

With the HHR I get nothing. I can't get a wave or anything.
Lately, I've been getting awkward, nervous waves... from HHR drivers wondering why I'm craning my neck to stare at their cars!
Old 10-17-2007, 08:11 PM

I will wave at you Karen.

Terry
Old 10-17-2007, 08:12 PM

I think its because the HHR is a broad-appeal vehicle and as such a lot of buyers aren't enthusiasts. It takes enthusiasts to wave, and cars like Goats, Vettes, etc owners tend to wave at each other. Same w/ Harley's, plus riders in general to some extent.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:22 PM

Add me to the list. I've waved at every HHR I've met, and have yet to get a wave back. Kinda pisses me off too, is it really that much trouble to throw your hand up? People are not as friendly as they used to be......damn, I sound old.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by iwannaHHR
I'm about 60 south of Austin.
San Antonio? i get waves all the time
Old 10-17-2007, 08:36 PM

I know there is a "Jeep Wave" ~ start enough buzz and you'll get an HHR Wave too.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:38 PM

an08HHR, I agree. If your an old 40, 50 60 or 70. don't enjoy life and are mad at the world as if it has passed them by, NO WAVE. If they are young at heard no matter what your age, and enjoy life your more apt to get the thumbs up or a wave. If they don't wave the best I can do is feel sorry for you.

See ya down the road
Bud-Harvey
Old 10-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
Same w/ Harley's, plus riders in general to some extent.
If you wave around here while riding your Harley you get your ass kicked. That's like riding your Harley around in a button down, slacks, and loafers with your tie flapping in the breeze. You deserve a beat down.

Quick Reply: unfriendly HHR