General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

unfriendly HHR

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
That's like riding your Harley around in a button down, slacks, and loafers with your tie flapping in the breeze. You deserve a beat down.
Yeah, Harley riders should be in assless chaps or not on the road at all... ha!
Old 10-17-2007, 09:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1HotHHR
an08HHR, I agree. If your an old 40, 50 60 or 70. don't enjoy life and are mad at the world as if it has passed them by, NO WAVE. If they are young at heard no matter what your age, and enjoy life your more apt to get the thumbs up or a wave. If they don't wave the best I can do is feel sorry for you.

See ya down the road
Bud-Harvey
That's quite a stretch of logic there, dude. I think it's much more simpler than that. Most people who bought this car do not feel part of a "brotherhood" and don;t feel they need to wave at others who happen to have chosen the same vehicle any more then smeone who bought a Focus or Miata. My wife certainly does not wave at all Spyder drivers even though there is an "enthusiastic" forum for those cars as well.

"Old" People are not angry that life has passed in general. I think many actually would not want to be 20 something in today's day and age and are comfortable with thier place in time. I know I am. I have a feeling those who are in their early youth will become much madder at the world then Baby Boomers who had it great.

Plus as people get older the need for other's approval decreases exponentially. Younger people are still seeking approval from others, wearing the right clothes, having the right music player, cell phone, cool car, what have you.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:57 PM

Name:  smi98.gif
Views: 14
Size:  3.2 KB
Old 10-18-2007, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by betterof2evils4
It's so crazy, it just might work...
Never seen "Cars"?
Old 10-18-2007, 07:49 AM

I've had one wave at me. It was another Dayton Blue on base. He must be new here cause it just showed up one day. We passed each other on Hill blvd. Was meeting the wife and daughter at the BX for lunch last week and my daughter (4y/o) said daddy is here already. My wife said he couldn't be since they were coming from the commissary next door and they called me after they loaded the groceries. It was my base twin.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:16 AM

As far as the mention of mods up above, I know that I'm in the minority in a place like this, but for my own car I don't care for making modifications at all. It's interesting to see what other people can do and have done, but for my own car, I want just the manufacturer's standard, original parts. I stuck the running boards and splash guards on, and spent a ridiculous $95 for an exhaust tip when I could have gotten another one for less, just because I wanted Chevrolet original parts on mine. Some modification is ok, but to my eye there is a dangerously fine line between making a car personally your own and suddenly crossing over into the realm of "stuck-a-whole-lot-of-chrome-and-plastic-doodads-all-over-and-chopped-the-original-pieces-all-to-hell" tackiness. Somtimes I see cars with tons of changes like that and I wonder why people spent so much money to create a drivable Bob Guccione necklace. My pride comes from keeping the car spotlessly clean inside and out. I've not had the car for that long (since early June), but I could stick it back inside the showroom right now and you'd think it still belonged there, other than what the odometer says or if you looked at the underbody for dirt. Check the exterior or the interior...a CSI team would have trouble telling the thing had been used.

I've not seen any HHRs around my area that have been modified much at all. I do admit that when I do see one I try to see if it's "only" an LS, or an LT, if they have the boards or not, etc. It's partially because mine now has those add-ons mentioned above, but when I see an HHR without the boards in particular, it looks really "naked" to my eyes now.

Regardless, though, I still look for that secret bond of the HHR brother (and sister)-hood. It's not come up that often, but I appreciate it when it does!
Old 10-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by playgames1970
As far as the mention of mods up above, I know that I'm in the minority in a place like this, but for my own car I don't care for making modifications at all. It's interesting to see what other people can do and have done, but for my own car, I want just the manufacturer's standard, original parts. I stuck the running boards and splash guards on, and spent a ridiculous $95 for an exhaust tip when I could have gotten another one for less, just because I wanted Chevrolet original parts on mine. Some modification is ok, but to my eye there is a dangerously fine line between making a car personally your own and suddenly crossing over into the realm of "stuck-a-whole-lot-of-chrome-and-plastic-doodads-all-over-and-chopped-the-original-pieces-all-to-hell" tackiness. Somtimes I see cars with tons of changes like that and I wonder why people spent so much money to create a drivable Bob Guccione necklace. My pride comes from keeping the car spotlessly clean inside and out. I've not had the car for that long (since early June), but I could stick it back inside the showroom right now and you'd think it still belonged there, other than what the odometer says or if you looked at the underbody for dirt. Check the exterior or the interior...a CSI team would have trouble telling the thing had been used.

I've not seen any HHRs around my area that have been modified much at all. I do admit that when I do see one I try to see if it's "only" an LS, or an LT, if they have the boards or not, etc. It's partially because mine now has those add-ons mentioned above, but when I see an HHR without the boards in particular, it looks really "naked" to my eyes now.

Regardless, though, I still look for that secret bond of the HHR brother (and sister)-hood. It's not come up that often, but I appreciate it when it does!
I understand what you are saying. Many cars are "overdone." A car that nudges "Hey look at me" is far more interesting then a car that screams "hey look at me" My rule is if it does not look like it could be stock, I won't use it.

For example the only grill mod I have seen that looks stock is the one where the stock grill is cut. Thats a mod I would do.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:53 PM

I wave, and most of the time they wave back. We're a friendly bunch here in Wisconsin.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
If you wave around here while riding your Harley you get your ass kicked.
There's a 'cool' way to wave and an 'uncool' way. If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
There's a 'cool' way to wave and an 'uncool' way. If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand.
The cool way is to point at the ground, I've seen bikers do something like that.

Quick Reply: unfriendly HHR