General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

unfriendly HHR

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 09:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2K7 HHR
The cool way is to point at the ground, I've seen bikers do something like that.
Yep thats the classic rider wave.Two finger's down. "Keep two wheels on the ground" so to speak.

I always return waves when on the bike. No matter what kind of bike or Scooter.

In the car I really am not looking for other HHRs to wave at or to. But then again I have nothing against PT Cruisers and like them as well as the HHR as far as looks go. Utility is a different story.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Kingfrog
But then again I have nothing against PT Cruisers and like them as well as the HHR as far as looks go. Utility is a different story.
Whenever I pass a PT Cruiser I say "My car is better than yours" and then my wife hits me. I have never really liked the PT, but I mainly do it to bug my wife.

I don't even get looks from other HHR's here, but if they do look, I'll wave. I give a nod to anybody else that makes eye contact on the road.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:56 AM

I've gotten two responses that I can recall:

1) an HHR owner gave me the "rock on devil horns" when he pulled up next to me at a signal, back when I had Stitch I. (Later on I found out it may have been a forum member, hellraisehr: I didn't see his decal at the time but the color was right)

2) an Imp. Blue HHR driver actually backed up in the turn lane to check out my hitch and bike rack setup on Stitch II. While I like the attention, it was a busy street and that's kinda dangerous, especially since there was traffic coming up to where he was!
Old 10-19-2007, 11:27 AM

Interesting, I haven't had any waves from fellow HHR owners either.

On the biker front, I was riding my road BYCICLE in full roadie kit (yes, tight fitting lycra and bright colors) and a guy riding a motorcycle gave me the biker wave. That doesn't happen very often
Old 10-19-2007, 11:30 AM

I had one guy give me a head nod when I looked at his HHR (same colour) as I went buy. That's about it so far.

Still not seeing that many of them around here.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:03 PM

Seems out here were I am, most people wave no matter what your driveing
Old 10-21-2007, 11:21 PM

Only people that wave at me are non-owners. Happens all the time!
Old 10-22-2007, 12:43 AM

Last night, I was driving home from Wisconsin and saw maybe 4 HHR's in total. I couldn't wave, since they were going the opposite direction as I. As I approached a stoplight near my home, I saw "Chops'" twin, but in the LT trim. It was full of (no offense to anyone here) "oldies" in their 60's. I honked, they looked over and we all shared a good smile and big thumbs up. I love old people! they can be so much fun!!!!!

ALthough, everytime i see the Sunburst Orange, I tear up. That was my color preference, but no dealers here had any.