General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Update on possible carbon monoxide poison problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 09:50 PM

Angry Update on possible carbon monoxide poison problem

Almost three weeks in the shop and it's finally fixed. It took 7 cans instant foam ,plumbers putty ,and duck tape to fix it, yes I said duck tape. The service manager said GM opened a case file on this one so yes there will be a recall. The leaks were in both 1/4 panels and the rear door. All the leaks had been plugged but the rear door, they took it to there local fire dept and used their carbon monoxide tester and it still showed 15 parts per million. they then sealed around the rear door handle and one drain hole, tested it again this time it showed zero. The tech that worked on mine had worked on two other HHR's for other problems and after driving them said they also had the same exhaust leaks into the cabin like mine , this was also noted to GM tech line. I hope that when GM finds a way to fix these problems on the recall that your HHR does not look like **** like mine. I could live with the plumbers putty and the instant foam the interior panels cover it and you would have to lay on the ground to see it, but the duck tape ,yes the duck tape. Give me a brake. I guess mine was the guinea pig.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:14 PM

I'm sorry, but I find this a little far fetched. Seems pretty mickey mouse to me and I find it hard to believe that if this happened, a person would accept their car back in that condition. I sure wouldn't.

I really believe that this should also be combined with the other post too instead of making a separate thread. JMHO
Old 12-13-2007, 10:28 PM

Can you get a new HHR out of this because of the factory defects or can your ride be claimed under the lemon law ? I do not know your local laws in your state , but just trying to help.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:34 PM

Well you can believe it . but I can say this it aint over with yet.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:38 PM

The wife and I have all ready been talking about tring to get a new one but it would have the same problem. I will be filling a big complaint to GM about this . The dealer ship was told to fix it any way they could, and probably told by GM what to try.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:44 PM

If you can wait a little bit I have pictures of it and will try to post them on my profile.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:45 PM

I sure as hell wouldn't have accepted this as a fix. Hell just park it in front of the dealship, post a very large sign on it telling how it was fixed. That should draw some attention. Or go to your local tv news station. Oh does McGuiver work at the dealership?
Old 12-13-2007, 10:47 PM

I would find this whole deal more believable if we saw some pics of your HHR. All we have seen so far is grim reaper trying to scare the crap out of people and nobody else with this issue. In the other thread you said a 2 foot extension on the exhaust....that would make it stick out way beyond the car. Surely if you are filing a complant with GM you've taken pictures of all this to document everything.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:49 PM

I am good friends with the service manager and to quote him this was like something off of the red green show. The dealer ship didn,t have much help from GM tech supportr on this one believe me he;s not happy neither.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:53 PM

Like Deb said, do you have pic's and documentation of what was done, I cannot see GM not getting in on this. Also, I have had no problems with carbon monoxide coming in the car. But then sometimes a shoddy car comes off the line.

Quick Reply: Update on possible carbon monoxide poison problem