General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Updated ECM calibration is out for 2.4 cars...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 02:28 PM

Updated ECM calibration is out for 2.4 cars...

Anybody having problems with their remote start, basically a crank, start, stall when using the remote start, the new ECM calibration is out. This only pertains to 2.4L cars with the remote start. It's a rather large file so give the dealer time to do it. Took my about 20 mins to reflash the PCM, but I didn't have much happening today. Again if you have this problem the reflash is available, for the 2.4L only, if you haven't had it then don't worry about it.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:32 PM

Can you send me the code? Three people I know took recently their HHR's in for re-flashing and in all 3 it "didn't take" - the dealers had to reorder a new ECU and those owners were without cars for quite a while.

I'm not letting a dealer re-flash mine until I'm certain they have the right code and it's been proven for a while.

*Note: I DO know that 2 owners in Minnesota have had reflashing with positive results. I'm just not sure ALL the Chevy dealers are using the new (and correct), code.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Can you send me the code? Three people I know took recently their HHR's in for re-flashing and in all 3 it "didn't take" - the dealers had to reorder a new ECU and those owners were without cars for quite a while.

I'm not letting a dealer re-flash mine until I'm certain they have the right code and it's been proven for a while.

*Note: I DO know that 2 owners in Minnesota have had reflashing with positive results. I'm just not sure ALL the Chevy dealers are using the new (and correct), code.
What do you mean by code? There is another PI instructing dealers to reflash using the newest version of TIS,1.35 or greater, if they use 1.0 the ECM will lock up. Dealers that use web based TIS should have the update it was released last week, dealers still using CD updates should recieve the CD begining of Feb. We are using web based so I updated this morning and everything was fine. PI # PIP3672A gives the info regarding what version of TIS to use and PI #PIP3667A is the one for the new ECM calibration.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:44 PM

By code I meant the file. I'm a beta tester for digial recording studios and companies send me the new operating systems by email all the time. I was thinking if you could email me the code (or re-flash file), I could take it to my dealer and be certain that they have the file that works. If I can burn it to CD and they can upload it into their system, then flash me - everything would be great.

I'm not letting my dealer anywhere near my ECM until I'm absolutely certain thay have the code that doesn't "hang" at 99% (which is what happened to these other owners).
Old 01-23-2006, 03:47 PM

Just find out if they are web based or still CD based. If they are web based it won't be a problem as the update was broadcast last week. If they are stil CD based, highly unlikely, then you have to wait until Feb. As long as they use a TIS version 1.35 or greater there will be no problems, just make sure they updated their tech 2 and TIS, and it's all good.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:14 PM

OK; - I'll check with them. It's a large dealership, so they are most likely web based.