General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

US cars are getting better

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by solman98
Hard to belive you have not seen any broken camshafts.....

Yea, 1999, GM has some issues with the FSC's, what about the Tundra/T100 of that day?
I haven't seen many because very few were effected. Included a vin range that were built over a couple....Those spread all over the country, then the few that saw it, it's not the problem you are hoping it is, even with the lack of actual first hand knowledge you have. Besides, what does it say about the Big 3 when Toyota's first real shot at their bread and butter is soooo good? They haven't been building them like GM, Ford and Dodge has.

The T100 and first gen Tundra have had no problems whatsover..Since you are a "fleet manager", why not inform me (toyota tech) what the problems are with them? I have 6 Toyota techs here laughing their a**es off right now

Like the "dead" zone in Canage where they make the Pirus battery's
I have no clue what you are even talking about with this? Please inform me....The Prius is Toyota's most dependable vehicles...All the bs about battery cost is just that, bs...I have seen over a dozen with 400k plus miles..No battery issues....Imagine how many trannys the typical domestic would have gone through in that time...

Hey, I'm not here to fluff toyota's...I see both have their strengths and weaknesses...But I do see that..You my friend appear to have blinders on...The mentality you have is what has hurt the Big 3..Always downplaying them, as they continue catching (and now surpassing) what the big 3 are doing....That's fine, but step back and think of how truly one sided you are here....Not to mention lacking in any true experience with any of them.....
Old 11-26-2007, 03:27 PM

Here is the chart Consumer Reports had published last year in their auto section..Problems per 100 vehicles...

Name:  0404rel002.gif
Views: 29
Size:  6.6 KB
Old 11-26-2007, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by hillbillypimpin
Here is the chart Consumer Reports had published last year in their auto section..Problems per 100 vehicles...

Toyota and CR.

http://investing.reuters.co.uk/news/...ABILITY-DC.XML

I'm just glad you brought it up. I love the fact that CR admitted they just gave toyota "rave" reviews and never tested them.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:43 PM

I have no clue what you are even talking about with this? Please inform me....The Prius is Toyota's most dependable vehicles...All the bs about battery cost is just that, bs...I have seen over a dozen with 400k plus miles..No battery issues....Imagine how many trannys the typical domestic would have gone through in that time...

Fluff.....

Building a Toyota Prius causes more environmental damage than a Hummer that is on the road for three times longer than a Prius. As already noted, the Prius is partly driven by a battery which contains nickel. The nickel is mined and smelted at a plant in Sudbury, Ontario. This plant has caused so much environmental damage to the surrounding environment that NASA has used the ‘dead zone’ around the plant to test moon rovers. The area around the plant is devoid of any life for miles.

The plant is the source of all the nickel found in a Prius’ battery and Toyota purchases 1,000 tons annually. Dubbed the Superstack, the plague-factory has spread sulfur dioxide across northern Ontario, becoming every environmentalist’s nightmare.

“The acid rain around Sudbury was so bad it destroyed all the plants and the soil slid down off the hillside,” said Canadian Greenpeace energy-coordinator David Martin during an interview with Mail, a British-based newspaper.

All of this would be bad enough in and of itself; however, the journey to make a hybrid doesn’t end there. The nickel produced by this disastrous plant is shipped via massive container ship to the largest nickel refinery in Europe. From there, the nickel hops over to China to produce ‘nickel foam.’ From there, it goes to Japan. Finally, the completed batteries are shipped to the United States, finalizing the around-the-world trip required to produce a single Prius battery. Are these not sounding less and less like environmentally sound cars and more like a farce?
http://clubs.ccsu.edu/recorder/edito...asp?NewsID=188

I have 6 Toyota techs here laughing their a**es off right now
You should try that all mighty google you mentioned.

I'm glad toyota techs don't give a crap about the environments

No, my boss is the Fleet Manager. I just deal with the customers and maintenance issues. Just today alone I spected out and built 29 vehicles for my customers.

Try again my little troll......
Old 11-26-2007, 03:49 PM

Ahh so suddenly a domestic owner brags about environmental issues when it can debunk a Toyota I could care less about that, or pollution emmissions a Prius doesn't produce..From a reliability and technical standpoint they are flat amazing..What you get for the money is a good value...no debate about it...

Still waiting for you to show me problems with the T100s and First Gen Tundras....
Old 11-26-2007, 03:54 PM

Toyota and CR.

http://investing.reuters.co.uk/news/...ABILITY-DC.XML

I'm just glad you brought it up. I love the fact that CR admitted they just gave toyota "rave" reviews and never tested them.
They don't test those cars for 7 years..God you just bleed ignorance...While we're on that subject, I did say Toyota's quality has slightly dipped....And they will admit that (ever heard of the Big 3 admit anything like that?! ) similarly, they buck up and help people out.....I personally put a new 3.3 V6 in a Sienna with 220k miles that had jelled up, and the customer could supply ONE (1) oil change receipt.....Pretty good customer service....

That article says nothing about C.R. longterm reliability ratings I just posted...

While we are talking about the link you posted...
Although Toyota ranked third in reliability behind only Honda Motor Co (7267.T: Quote, NEWS , Research) and Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd's (7270.T: Quote, NEWS , Research) Subaru, Consumer Reports also found two Toyota models had "below average" predicted reliability.
So they are third, and have two poor models...How many does GM have? I'll be waiting for an answer...But I bet you won't give one...
Old 11-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Banned

my cousin which is a toyota QC engineer all but said he would disown me if he bought a new scion or toyota. i am glad i did not.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:37 PM

Foreign owners are a bunch of whiners!

I just bought a Honda Odyssey since the big three have all but abandoned minivans, and the ones GM offered were a couple of gens behind ( no fold into the floor seats, etc ). Gm abandoned me . I wanted another Safari AWD. The only AWD minvan is a forty grand plus Toyota. No thanks
Yes Chrysler has their fleet of minis, but the only one I owned went through six trannies and four engines, plus normal maintenance. I believe Chrysler thinks trannies and engines to be normal maintenance.

Anyway, so now I frequent the Ferin' car forums and see first hand the lot of people that frequent there. Some are quite fine folks while a good many of them blame ANY quality problems with their beloved Toyos or Hondas with the fact that Americans are now involved in the manufacture of many of the autos. TO these type of people, problems are now based on Americans, not the sheer complexity of these modern cars and trucks. Simple thinking for a bunch of whiners!

They expect perfection and anything that upsets their world is somehow the fault of their fellow Americans. Toyos and Hondas and their ilk were rustbuckets for decades, and they alienated many of us because of this. Then I guess they somehow got it all together and pulled ahead of domestics, who pretty much had little to offer after ( 1973 IMO ). I do think domestics got things in order around 1989, but myopically focussed on the profits from luxury SUVs instead of diversifying.

Domestics need a kick in the pants. I hope their near bankrupt coffers give them some impetus in a profitable direction.
Foreign buyers need to get a grip. These are machines, they will break. Finger pointing is a wasteful art practiced better by politicians.
Lets unite folks, they are only cars. The world is going to hell anyway. Why not ride to oblivion happily

Last edited by Harpozep; 11-26-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Banned

similarly, they buck up and help people out.....I personally put a new 3.3 V6 in a Sienna with 220k miles that had jelled up, and the customer could supply ONE (1) oil change receipt.....Pretty good customer service....
How on Earth was that ever covered under warranty? This really does peg the bs-o-meter.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
How on Earth was that ever covered under warranty? This really does peg the bs-o-meter.
I thought the same thing. Toyota realized the problem (which I still call bs on, the gelled engines never happened on somebody who changed oil at least every 5k miles) but sure as hell the customer called the customer service line and they did it...If you do a search they covered a lot of these things outside of warranty, but this was by far the highest mileage one we did. I did another at 120k, several just over 100k too....Like I said, they realized there was a problem and took care of their people. I would bet every one of these people will buy another Toyota..And keeping customers is a lot cheaper than earning them back...

Quick Reply: US cars are getting better