General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Victim of Rain and an Idiot!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 02:25 AM

Exclamation Victim of Rain and an Idiot!

so, got up and it felt like a good day, nothing could go wrong today... well.... i was wrong...VERY VERY WRONG

i was driving to work around 4:20pm and it had started raining hard and i slowed down and was just going up the last hill and i see some guy in front of me who isn't moving so i brake, and then they lock up and cause me to slide into the guy, was probably going 50mph or so when i hit the brakes, the mini-van escaped with a dent in the back and it pushed him into the guy stopped in front of him... oh and then, cause of me... there was another wreck in the line of traffic behind me somewhere... what a great day

what the heck am i gonna do, someone said it was possibly totaled from looking at it and i just got it in January or Feburary, i think.... man...

p.s. i alright, airbag just peeled some skin on my right arm and chest hurts from the seatbelt, and when i hit it did that whole slow motion brain thing where you can see everything and just cant do nothing about it, i actually saw the airbag rip the steering wheel open (kinda cool) but then it was all over and i was pissed! the dude didn't have his brakes on when i came over the hill and was telling the state trooper that he had been on his brakes the whole time!! oh and 911 never answered for me.... tells ya how much they care
Old 06-24-2009, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by thorn11166
i actually saw the airbag rip the steering wheel open (kinda cool)
Wow, that is F^cked Up ! Glad for the most part you came out of it pretty much intact ! It's a shame about the ride, that's got to be my fav in colors just because of the rareity! Thanks for sharing your moment as the above quote is a classic and you have some humor about the situation ! And by

the way, it's a total !

Here's to Getting Another HHR ,
Old 06-24-2009, 04:08 AM

lol, yea, i'm thinking about the worst... any guestimations to the insurance might pay out anyone?
Old 06-24-2009, 04:52 AM

I know how you feel. I rolled my cobalt sport cause of rain. I hit a puddle going 60mph on the interstate. I couldn't slow down fast enough. And your totally right about the whole brain thing. It's freaky. You'll probably think about it slot and play the situation over and over in your mind. Glad your okay. Hope you can get your hhr back!
Old 06-24-2009, 05:29 AM

I have replayed each second of my crash over and looked at each path I could have taken. where I ended up was the best place even with the damaged I had. It would have been much worse.

I sick as you feel you walked away not everyone gets too.

Sorry to see the mess and I too was a victum of an idiot.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:32 AM

I'm glad I don't have to drive on the interstate on my way to work. Every time it rains in the Atlanta area, there are at least 10 accidents just like this.

Glad your ok, hope your insurance doesn't kill you afterwords. But I would say it's totalled also. Deployed airbags pretty much sealed that deal.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:55 AM

Be ready for a fight with the insurance company. In their mind you will be held at fault. I'm sorry to say this but you hit the guy from the rear, it doesn't much matter what he was doing, he's not the idiot your at fault.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:17 AM

That Sucks, Glad your ok atleast. Car's can be replaced.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:02 PM

about to go to the insurance office soon and then stop by and take some more pics of the car and come on, it should be illegal to stop on top of this hill, it has a little dip just at the top that goes down enough to hide a couple cars and he smack in the middle of it and tried to tell the cop he wasn't going slow or stopped at all then he told him he was stopped for a good 20sec beforehand
Old 06-24-2009, 01:47 PM
TAZ

Did the guy stop for no reason at all? Just because he wanted you to rear-end him?

REGARDLESS of the reason he stopped, it is your responsibility to not run into the car ahead of you.

Quick Reply: Victim of Rain and an Idiot!