General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Visor stickers

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs. DLVRNIT
Hey chasfreeman,

Not to sure how you removed them but what we had luck with was un-screwing the bracket from the head liner and removing the whole visor! We then slid a T-Shirt over the visor and heated up the stickered area! Once we got the area nice and hot we pulled off the sticker, glue and all! Since it seems you pulled the sticker off and have used various cleaners we're not to sure for a remidy for your situation! You might do the T-Shirt deal and see if it removes any remaining glue transfering it to the T-Shirt !

Best-O-Luck ,

Do the exact same with the tshirt only make sure its old ...the Idea is the same as getting candlewax out of carpet w/ paper bags and an Iron ...glue heats soaks into t-shirt material let it cool ...and when you pull off the t-shirt glue goes with !
Old 10-14-2010, 04:02 PM

I also though about taking it off but when I was "ghosting" in forums from BMW to Rice Burners they all had problems. I will eventually just lay a sticker over them or just let them be. I don't even realize they are there anymore anyway. Now if i was still in High School I might see them up there
Old 10-14-2010, 06:25 PM

BBBBBbbwbwwwwahahahahah.... :
Old 10-14-2010, 08:28 PM

I used these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HHR-S...Q5fAccessories
Old 10-14-2010, 10:05 PM

Thanks -- I just bought a pair for my HHR!
Old 10-15-2010, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by chasfreeman
Okay, I got fed up with the distraction of the mandated info stickers on the sun visiors and peeled them off. Now how do I get rid of the glue residue? I've tried various carpet cleaners, goo be gone, isoprop. etc. Zero luck. Any ideas?
I did the same thing with the same results; if all else fails and you prefer no stickers, you might consider spending a couple of bucks and a couple of hours covering (upholstering) your visors.
It's surprisingly easy - check my Gallery pics of Hharry's. If you have any questions PM me.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Mike B.
I did the same thing with the same results; if all else fails and you prefer no stickers, you might consider spending a couple of bucks and a couple of hours covering (upholstering) your visors.
It's surprisingly easy - check my Gallery pics of Hharry's. If you have any questions PM me.
Mike-
That's much classier than stickers fer sure !!!
Old 10-16-2010, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Mike-
That's much classier than stickers fer sure !!!

If I had 'read before I ripped' (thread search ) I could have done it the EASY way, like you did...
Old 10-16-2010, 10:08 AM

Mine's similar to Rodney B's. This one has a somewhat official look to it. Either are good solutions to hide the original warning labels, but it depends on what you're looking for.

I have the GM Turbo upgrade, so the numbers aren't valid anymore.

For those that are creative, these can be printed on some good paper stock, then use some spray adhesive if you want to make them yourself. You can overly the surface with a good quality clear tap if desired.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:52 PM

Seems I recall seeing visor stickers 3 or 4 years ago that were just Chevy Bowties? They were kinda neat, but I don't have any idea who was selling them.
I didn't go for them 'cause at the time there was some question as to whether it was illegal to remove those original safety stickers!

Quick Reply: Visor stickers