General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

warranty battle...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 10:00 AM

warranty battle...

Before i go to war with the dealership i was just wondering if i even have an argument.

Sense i bought my HHR ive noticed two things, 1 is a distortion in the windshield which i cant even really explain... its basically two spots that look like oil stains or something, but long story short they are right in my view when i drive and it bothers my eyes. its about 6-8 inches and a friend of mine told me it could have been a repaired crack in the windshield... in any case is this covered in my bumber to bumber warranty cause i would really like them to replace the windshield cause it drives me crazy...

The other thing is on the two test drives we took it didnt have a single creek and now 4 days later the dash is creeking a lot. it seems like its in the area of the where the radio and all that junk is.

so yea should i even try to get them to fix those two things are is it a lost cause.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:22 PM

the way i look at it, take it in and hope for the best but expect the worst. either way it wont cost u anything
Old 08-01-2009, 12:26 PM

If it is under 36k miles all is covered
Old 08-01-2009, 12:29 PM

You don't say if you bought it new or not.

Used, I doubt you can get them to deal with noises. But the windshield should be replaced if you can prove it's distorted. Claim safety issues.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:46 PM

Take the car to them when its good and hot inside then you will hear the squeaks and noises, when its hot the plastic expands and causes the pieces to rub.Thats why in the winter these cars are silent inside, because the plastic shrinks and they no longer rub together.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:31 PM

i bought the car used but it was certified, they said they would take care of both after i had a long "friendly" conversation.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:39 PM

If the windshield is bothering you have them replace it. If it is not that bad then let it go. Sometimes changing the window can lead to other issues depending on the installer. Thinks like leaks in a HHR.

As for noise you had better wait till it is there all the time then let them deal with it. I usally fix my own noises as I do a better job since I have something at stake.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
If the windshield is bothering you have them replace it. If it is not that bad then let it go. Sometimes changing the window can lead to other issues depending on the installer. Thinks like leaks in a HHR.

As for noise you had better wait till it is there all the time then let them deal with it. I usally fix my own noises as I do a better job since I have something at stake.
yea but if its under warranty so ill let them deal with it. also with the windshield the guy even said if the window has marks from where cracks were repaired... they have to fix them cause the liability is on them if something happens...
Old 08-01-2009, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by BigBear45
yea but if its under warranty so ill let them deal with it. also with the windshield the guy even said if the window has marks from where cracks were repaired... they have to fix them cause the liability is on them if something happens...
If it's under the 3/36, the rattles/noises are covered. It doesn't matter if it was bought new or used. I do not know about the windshield though; if it was defective, it would be replaced but if the previous owner had chips repaired, it will not be covered.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:55 AM

The windshield is a safety item and I betcha your insurance company will cover the replacement. My insurance company replaced my windshield in my hi-mileage Tahoe because the sandblasted effect on the windshield made it hard to see out of at some sun angles.

Quick Reply: warranty battle...