General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Warranty coverage question?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by 07azhhr
I noticed that only you mentioned flushing in this thread and am curious as to why you felt the need to point this word out?
Because, usually when somebody says $100 for servicing an automatic trans, that's what they mean. It is the easiest most profitable operation for the shop to do, and not recommended by GM (change fluid & filter).
Old 12-16-2011, 09:46 PM

"Personal opinions and rants help no one, especially when you know nothing about the person making the post or their reason for the post."

Don't ask for opinions, if you don't want them. I don't see any personal attacks in my posts. I obviously thought that ChevyMgr's answer was somewhat incomplete.

I will not try to help you anymore, promise.

You could have called the GM hotline, if that's all you wanted. Would have been quicker and easier and less informative, but the answer you wanted. Don't ask a yes/no Q on the internet;... everyone has one, some more than others.

And Good Day sir!
Old 12-16-2011, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Axle seal as in "where the axle goes into the transmission casing". Not the other end where the bearing hub is.
Have you heard one of those "starting to leak" at 67K? I have not, just an innocent/non accusatory Q. If it really is, I agree; Take it to the DealerShip with no stops, maybe even have it towed, there is a major problem, maybe not limited to the trans! And the causative problem probably will not be addressed or even searched for, but that's an opinion! Never Mind.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Like I said... 4 years 67K, that is not heavy use even in the hills & hollows! I did not see any mention in the OP of commercial use, like "all the time, every day". But, a very literal translation would be: "if you don't drive ALL of the time on the prairie then change the ATF & filter every 50K" . Notice; no mention of flushing..

When you start into 500 miles a DAY like I do, for a living, we can start talking severe service. 2008 LT auto 218,000 miles, no trans service needed yet. I regularly drive 2K a week in Washington, DC traffic and several long haul drives about 600-800 miles a month. My HHR is what pays for my home, I do what is "needed" to keep it going, but I cannot afford to waste money on senseless "old time mechanicking"! And I am an "old timer" I remember when 100,000 miles on a car deserved a medal, do you remember the 100K radiator medals?.

At 67K I would not be surprised if you need a new wheel hub, I just do not recognize the stated symptom, they don't begin to leak they fail. I have never experienced a mechanic of any specialty diagnosing a particular internal component of a trans, they normally say something like "it's broken" since it means the same thing: needs to be rebuilt, since once it's opened up, you have to go all the way. I thought that the original question was basically "should I worry about what the trans guy said"? If you ask that question on an internet forum, I would think that you would be expecting people to ask "why".

I really did not mean to kindle a fire, I just don't like to hear about people spending their money on their car instead of their home/kids/food. Modern cars are made better, engineered better and made of better materials than the cars any of us were brought up caring for, and so they need a lot less care than "your dad's Olds", in my case "my dad's Imperial".

Flame OUT!
Never mind!
Spend your money, the Obama wants you to support your trans guy, and go broke doing it. Re distribute you wealth! You obviously are better off than the "worker". OOPS! I did it again. End of Rant.
Dude! All I did was post what the manual says because you couldn't seem to remember the particulars. Your quote "(don't remember specifics)". Don't get your panties in a wad!
Old 12-16-2011, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Greybeard999
Dude! All I did was post what the manual says because you couldn't seem to remember the particulars. Your quote "(don't remember specifics)". Don't get your panties in a wad!
Sorry, I put the wrong quote there. I was answering the OP that seemed to think I was casting personal aspersions, using your post as a jumping off point. And I think some time shifting occurred in the post order. My panties have been laundered!
Old 12-17-2011, 09:21 AM

Name:  012-1.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  95.1 KB

For effect.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:32 AM

That one appears to be leaking..........
Old 12-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Platinum Member

Thanks for the picture post nacedemus. That shows what I was trying to describe in my post.
(of course some of the critics on here will point out its not an HHR transmission in the picture)
Old 12-17-2011, 09:50 AM

They'd only point that out if they didn't know what emill713 was talking about in, what, the first post? What he's calling the EPC, I call the PCS valve (pressure control solenoid) but I knew when he meant. And an axle seal is...well an axle seal. I don't even understand why this thread has gone where it has gone...........
Old 12-17-2011, 11:26 AM

It is an SS transmission.
F35 MU3

Quick Reply: Warranty coverage question?