General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Warranty and Paint

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 10:48 AM

Warranty and Paint

Does anyone know what the warranty is regarding the paint? Trying to get all the information I can before the GM rep calls me this afternoon.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:34 AM

To the best of my knowledge, defects in the paint are covered under the basic warranty. Damage is not.

The sandblasted fenders is a different story and dealerships seem to vary greatly.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:33 AM

[QUOTE=solman98;265718]To the best of my knowledge, defects in the paint are covered under the basic warranty.QUOTE]

Does this include "orange peel"?
Old 05-29-2008, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by sunbound

Does this include "orange peel"?
No, that is not classified as a defect.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by solman98
No, that is not classified as a defect.
if it is from the factory that way (and never re-painted) as far as I'm aware it is..... if this is how Chevy is about "paint" from the factory I might as well look else where for a different car and forget about the HHR
Old 05-29-2008, 10:13 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by itschaboykenny
if it is from the factory that way (and never re-painted) as far as I'm aware it is..... if this is how Chevy is about "paint" from the factory I might as well look else where for a different car and forget about the HHR
What? Why? Do you have a problem with your HHRs paint?

Your response surprises me Kenny. Without viewing the severity of what vschriver is posting about, how can anyone say it's a defect. Orange peel is not only on GM vehicles. Take a close look you can find it on just about every make of vehicle manufactured to some degree.

Personally I never want my factory paint broken into if it is not necessary. Dealer re-paints are never as durable as the factory paint.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:14 AM

Good luck with that. Go into any car lot and you will find that almost all, if not all, will have some orange peel. Only exception might be the high end cars.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Platinum Member

Another Good Luck with that, my man !!!

EVERY VEHICLE sold has "orange peel"....some more, some less. I even pointed it out to a sales rep. at an auto show last winter. It was on a $100,000+ Audi.....and understand, the HHR is about 1 tenth the cost of that .
Old 05-29-2008, 05:01 PM

You'll find that since all of the manufacturers have gone to water based environmentally friendly "low VOC" paints......that slick "rubbed lacquer" finish you are looking for is pretty hard to find.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Retrorod
You'll find that since all of the manufacturers have gone to water based environmentally friendly "low VOC" paints......that slick "rubbed lacquer" finish you are looking for is pretty hard to find.

Absolutely starting with my 2000 Maxima, I've noticed that every car I've had save a 2004 Saturn Vue has had el sucko paint...00 Maxima, 03 Focus ZX3(the worst I've ever seen), 05 Matrix and the 07 HHR which is pretty weak at best

For some reason the Vue's paint held up very well even on the metal parts like the hood...windshields another story as I went through 3 in a year lol

Goose

Quick Reply: Warranty and Paint