General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Warranty and Paint

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Duncan
I just purchased an '08 panel two weeks ago (Black color) and I have to say that I am very pleased with the paint. I'm a former paint and body guy and the panels are laser straight and orange peel is very low compared to earlier GM's I've seen.

My wife has an '06 Trailblazer (also Black) and my new HHR paint looks much better.

I *am* concerned about how the water base paint is going to hold up. I am keeping the car very clean and parked in the garage at night, so I my fingers are crossed.

Duncan, I've had my Blackie for 9 months and am parked outside. Since I have to keep mine up to par with Todd's UMA (also black), I haven't noticed any issues with keeping him clean and washed. I only actually wash him about twice a month and the rest of the time I use detailer. My sister swears I clean him so much, I will get it to the IBM I really wanted, but so far, all looks good.

I have noticed some paint pimples on the back passenger side area, but nothing you can see unless you look.

Off to wash Blackie!

@
Old 06-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by bluonyx
What about stuff under the paint? On my SS I have three spots, one looks like a hair and the other two look like a tiny pinhead sized pebble. I also have a drip from overspray on one of the rear fenders.
I'm not sure on the fender drip, but the others may be able to be corrected with wet sanding and buffing.