General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Water fall in my front seat

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 10:29 PM

Water fall in my front seat

well last night I backed my HHR into the drive way to unload my tools and this morning when I climbed in side I saw a few drips out of the corner of my eye over the passenger seat floor area so I figured it had to be the drains on the sun roof so I drove it to the dealer that put in a New sunroof in a few weeks ago, it didnt leak before they replaced it. The jackass I got stuck with said that they would have to water test it and bla bla going on about how big of a deal it could be and as he took another deep breath to blow some more smoke up my a$$ I said that you guys just did the sunroof a month or so ago and it had no leaks then. Of course he said that they shouldt have removed the drains to replace the roof. LOL so I giggled and said OOOOOOOk (like Bull off of Night Court, old show)so of course it was out if warrnty to many miles on it but they would be happy to take a look if I could leave for a day. So I thanked him (for nothing) and drove home pulled the 1 screw out of the piller and dropped the 3 screws in the sun visor and sure as death and taxes the drain hose was right next to the drain but not on it. 30 seconds later problem was solved and good as new.my dealr never stops amazing me one time they totaly blow me away with kindness or going above and beyond then next time I get bambooseled
Old 12-15-2008, 10:37 PM

I guess I'm glad I did not get a sunroof.... Good thing you knew how to fix it!
Old 12-16-2008, 06:37 AM

and GM wonders why they are in trouble... its not just the cars, its the dealers as well. I had a similar issue, had a lake in my passenger side floor everytime it rained. Turned out to be the butal patch in the cowl, which I found out on my own, thanks to the members here when I posted the issue......sadly my dealer had no clue what the problem could be, none at all, and when I called to tell them about the patch, they still had no clue (I have no sunroof in mine either, so there wasn't many things it could be).
Old 12-16-2008, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by sargechris
I guess I'm glad I did not get a sunroof.... Good thing you knew how to fix it!
One leaky (poorly installed) sunroof coupled with a lazy dealer does not mean it is a bad product.