General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Weak Links for Brand = Chevy HHR?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 07:37 PM

Question Weak Links for Brand = Chevy HHR?

Just read this on Autoblog and thought some of you would have something to say about it: Thread of the Day: Weakest Link – What One Car Ruins The Perception of an Entire Brand?
Old 08-22-2011, 08:02 PM

Not a very scientific test. First it sounds like he got a striped down rental. Second he compared it to nothing. I really like the way he handled the one post from someone who liked the car, "trust me". I'm thinking this idiot works for DODGE, they need all the help they can get.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:03 PM

That is some of the stupidest **** I've ever read. Please define "ruin". I don't have any comment for the article except for it is junk.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:05 PM

Ditto!!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 08:07 PM

I'll reserve the Aveo as weakest link for Chevy though I do agree with his comment about the HHR "the interior was full of hard plastics and the doors sounded cheap and hollow."
Old 08-22-2011, 08:12 PM

Wink HHR = Love At First Sight

[/B]I say buy what you like and try to like what you buy. Nobody forces folks to buy things they don't want or like. We all have free will. I bought my HHR because I love '30s and '40s and '50s American cars. They were and still are all classic beauties in my opinion. Just look at the classic styling of a '32 Chevy roadster, or a '40 Ford coupe, or a '57 Chevy Bel-Air, or a '56 Ford Crown Victoria. No foreign made production cars could ever match these classics. I could go on and on. There are exceptions with the exotics of course. My point is this. Since I love these older American cars so much, and know I will never be able to afford to own one, my HHR puts me in the drivers seat of one vehicle that has the same classic beauty. I truly like...no...I love my HHR. Nobody will change my mind on that. Take it to the bank!

J.J.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:05 PM

This was my post on that board:

I couldn't disagree more with your article that the HHR isn't a quality car. As I look for a replacement for my 2007 2LT HHR with sunroof, runningboards, luggage racks, 26-28 mpg and fabulous layout for carrying passengers and luggage, I just can't find something comparable. The HHR was a retro car based on the 48 Chevy Suburban and it has a strong group of supporters. If you want a standard "look-alike-shoebox" car, then buy 95% of the boring cars out there. Then again, take a good look at the Kia Soul and some of the other 2011-12s and notice their imitation of the HHR. It is a looker, a great car to customize and will end up being one of the few cars that looks great at custom classic car shows 20 years from now.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by AJochum
This was my post on that board:

I couldn't disagree more with your article that the HHR isn't a quality car. As I look for a replacement for my 2007 2LT HHR with sunroof, runningboards, luggage racks, 26-28 mpg and fabulous layout for carrying passengers and luggage, I just can't find something comparable. The HHR was a retro car based on the 48 Chevy Suburban and it has a strong group of supporters. If you want a standard "look-alike-shoebox" car, then buy 95% of the boring cars out there. Then again, take a good look at the Kia Soul and some of the other 2011-12s and notice their imitation of the HHR. It is a looker, a great car to customize and will end up being one of the few cars that looks great at custom classic car shows 20 years from now.
We need a *LIKE* button!
Well said ...

I'm kissing 45K and he'll be 4 years old on 9/1. I still love this car and I still get people looking him over when I cruise by ...

@ and Sirius Blackie.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:26 PM

I can't believe the slow comment. I have driven lots of cars that were slower than my HHR and mine isn't even an SS. I do dislike the hard plastic interior, though.

The car that ruined a brand for me was a Dodge Caravan. What a piece of junk!
Old 08-22-2011, 09:31 PM

"Weak article that ruined Motor Trend magazine....."

Quick Reply: Weak Links for Brand = Chevy HHR?