General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Well...........

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 10:06 AM

Well...........

I was hoping to post a little different story, but this is what it is. 2 weeks ago I T-boned an F-250 in the passenger side rear tire, i was going about 20 mph when I slammed on the brakes after noticing a collision was emminent. No body was hurt, It was my fault, I didnt even see the red light as I was to preoccupied with the police officer blocking 1 lane of traffic on the 4 lane road about 80 feet ahead. I was trying to figure out which lane he was blocking as there was a small hill and a slight curve to the right inbetween us.

Damage to my vehicle was entire front bumper replacement, radiator core support and radiator replacement, front frame rail replacement, grill replacement, right side head light replacement, along with both inner fender wells. Damage to his vehicle as far as in know was a chrome lug nut cover replacement and structural damage associated with a rear axle shift towards the drivers side.

Body work went fine untile they tried to start it. Sent it to the local Chevy Dealer to get it looked at. The had the car for 3 days before deciding to call in a Field Engeneer to try and figure out what was wrong since they couldnt. After waiting 3 days for the Field Engineer I find out that Chevy decided that since it was in a car accident They didnt need to send a Field Engineer after all. That pissed me off. I can understand them not covering it under warranty, but they still should have been able to get it fixed since they are a Chevy Dealer. Enough about that, back to the real story.

Since I was having the entire front end replaced I started asking about getting a SS front end instead of the regular LS. Needles to say the difference in cost was to much for me to justify, especially since this is my second front bumper cover replacement in the 4 months that I have owned it. The good news is that they were able to get the GM dealer that they buy their parts from to price match an internet price for a Block Chrome Grill. Final difference in cost out of my pocket is only $40. I have decided to go with all Black Chrome accents on the outside of my Cyber Gray Mettalic HHR.

I have found some rims that I really like, they are XXR 522 Chromium Black rims. You can see them here.
http://www.wheelfire.com/scontent/Wh...935&CheckFit=1

I am planning on going with 255/35/R18's for tires. The tires will fit the 8.5" wide rims, and I will only be going slightly slower than what my speedometer says I am going, which is a good thing in my book. LOL Does anyone know where to get Balck Chrome Lug nuts?

I hope to have pictures of the Black Chrome Grill as soon as I get my car back. When I have the rims and tires I will post pics of it too.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Talvanos
Does anyone know where to get Balck Chrome Lug nuts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLOX-...Q5fAccessories
Old 04-30-2010, 11:09 AM

Moral of the story:

Try to avoid t boning F-250's
Old 05-01-2010, 09:11 AM

thanks Harley, that was what I was looking for.

and Mongo, I agree, I try to avoid hitting anything. LOL I also try and look at the bright side of every situation too, like in this case, I got a Black Chrome Grill for only $40, installed. I just hate the circumstance under how I got it.