General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

well, it finally happened

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 08:23 PM

I don't know about the rest of you but here in central VA. NOBODY seem to wave or acknowledge me. Years ago I was into VW's( you remember the real Bug??)back then you spot a bug and it was like a long lost friend, but so far not with the HHR. Could it be that because I have a panel they don't know what it is or am I like a stepchild or something?? oh well I love it!!!

Later,Dave
Old 01-12-2008, 10:39 PM

I've always drove "differant" cars and people having the same car or style have always waved or nodded. Once I got my HHR I started to do the same and not one person ever waved. Most are women who don't even know what they are driving! Only one driver has ever really even "noticed" my panel. I have given up!
Old 01-12-2008, 11:58 PM

Smile The HHR Wave

Going back to just before Christmas as I was headed home I had a older couple follow me right into my drive way. LOL They had all kinds of questions for me. I was able to help them with every one except wre to find a slide out step for the right side to make it easier for the wife to get in. They did have running boards, She told me she thought she would break them off if she steped on them ? LOL She was hardly 90 lbs with a heavy winter coat on and snow boots on.
I told them about the Chevyhhr.net site. He then told me they do not have a puter at home. I thought everyone had at least one in the house??? guess not. LOL
Then there are times I pull up next to another HHR and give them the web site info. I have even printed up a few cards with the site spelled out for those like me have a short memerory.......
Old 01-13-2008, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by 08panelman
I don't know about the rest of you but here in central VA. NOBODY seem to wave or acknowledge me. Years ago I was into VW's( you remember the real Bug??)back then you spot a bug and it was like a long lost friend, but so far not with the HHR. Could it be that because I have a panel they don't know what it is or am I like a stepchild or something?? oh well I love it!!!

Later,Dave
The next time I'm in Charlottesville (beautiful area BTW) I will wave at you!!
I wave at every HHR and there are a lot of rental HHRs up here. (And they look at you like you are bonkers...which I am!)

Peace,
Old 01-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by furious
this tends to happen with newer cars. the car is bought by people who see it as a car with good gas mileage, ample room, and good looks. but they are not enthusiasts and don't know (or generally care for) the heritage and following.
Yeah that would be me. I rarely notice other's cars. I'm destination oriented. As I have the car longer it becomes less important as more then just a car. The high and emotion of a new or different car wears of me pretty quickly. Which is a good thing when I find yet another door ding in it after coming out of a movie or shopping.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:54 PM

I've had people ask me about alot of cars I have had...our 69 Roadrunner 440 6pack always draws a crowd(duh)...but since I havent seen too many HHR's on the road yet(only had it 2 weeks), I DEFINATELY plan to try to start a trend.

having someone follow you home is one thing...but an older couple...PRICELESS.

I live in a retirement community, so older people are follwing me home anyway! lol

no..I am not a senoir citizen...I just happen to rent a house from a young guy who's grandma left it to him.

my neighbor has a new Buick Lucerne...and it is the most beautiful pearl white(and I mean BRIGHT PEARL WHITE) I have ever seen. That, and a 2001 Camaro SS...he's a car buff too...and a GM fan at that. we'll see if he comes over some day to have a peek at my "flash back" car.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:55 PM

I'm starting to think no one in my town likes me or the HHR. Someone here wanted us to post pictures of any HHR we see to possibly meet new people here on the site, but if I did that I wouldn't have time for anything else. I was out earlier today and even told my wife about it, saw atleast 10. Waved at all of them with drivers, the ones that weren't parked, all but two and no one waved back Some people just don't care anymore. Heck, if I drive my VW bus out people almost wreck trying to turn around looking at it, I WANT THE SAME REACTION TO THE HHR!
Old 01-14-2008, 06:17 PM

some time ago i saw another hhr with some rims on it...i was bumpin my system and tried to catch up. when i caught up to him i gave him the "head nod" mexican "what's up" motion, i stuck my hand out to wave him down to see what's up with his ride, but i think he got scared at the way i nodded at hiim and tried to wave him down that he stomped the gas and made a hard turn into another street. i have yet to see that same hhr till now.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:30 AM

Whats a DSM HHR?
Old 01-15-2008, 05:44 AM

Dark Silver Metallic

The HHR is also a massive fleet rental vehicle so chances are you may be waving to someone who is just in a rental and could care less about what they are driving

Goose

Quick Reply: well, it finally happened