General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Well, I resisted once again.....trading in the SS

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 08:29 AM

Well, I resisted once again.....trading in the SS

Wanted a Mustang when I bought my HHR SS, but would no shell out the extra clams and Ford had and still has, no competition to my HHR SS.

I've driven several used Mustang GTs trying to decide what I want. Love the styling and performance, but still not worth the extra payment even if my trade in price was decent.

I love my little Victory Red HHR SS and the red carbon fiber interior get's compliment after compliment. After driving many premier sports cars or performance throughout my life the HHR SS is one of the most purely useful vehicles I've ever had! It does EVERYTHING well!

Positives:

Handles well. Stage 1 makes it run right up with a GT. Built in bluetooth. Stationwagon and 4 doors....any 2 door doesn't even come close! Have GM extended warranty.

Negatives:

It's not a Mustang, Camero or Challenger.

Wow! I already have the better of those..... Just talked myself out of trading it off!

Thanks folks!

Now, someone sell me their used TTR swaybar.....and I've got my eye on a custom guage faceplate....still leaving money in my pocket over and above the cost of a higher payment...

Sorry for the ramble, but I'm from a Ford Family but am still impressed by my HHR SS and so is everyone that cares to go for a ride. Got a day off thanks to Frankenstorm so I'm going to work on my 450HP Street Ford Ranger.....HEY! Told you I'm a Ford Guy!
Old 10-30-2012, 08:47 AM

Lets see a full pic of the Ranger. You should take those badges off and keep it in sleeper mode.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by chefhhr
Lets see a full pic of the Ranger. You should take those badges off and keep it in sleeper mode.
X2 what he said
Old 10-30-2012, 12:12 PM
Platinum Member

I've seen some projections of the 2015 Mustang. It has a completely new design and no hint of the retro look....although it closely resembles an Aston Martin or Cobra. The suspension is completely redone (which has always been a criticism for Ford) and is the subject of much talk in the industry.

I would save my pennies till then and buy new.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:23 PM

Everyone sees a nice paintjob but it's hard to get them to look under the hood!

Thanks for the attention. The Ranger front wheels needed rebalancing so I removed the headrest in the HHR. Flopped the seats down. Plenty of room for them plus a battery, cleaning chemicals and never even had to remove my work stuff. Guy that did the rebalancing commented on my SS. He had a Cobalt SS and now has a Mustang......

Pick either... HHR SS or a custom 450HP Ranger.....Perfect sleeper!