General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 09:59 PM
Premium Member

It's red cause the light is on. let me look here....
Attached Images  
Old 09-17-2013, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by SS fan
It's red cause the light is on. let me look here....
I knew that as I could see the red show through . I do not want to see red that is what I am getting at lol. Thank you for the new pic. I know that since they do not make them, that this is my only option. But it does not stop me from wondering why they do not make the rears since they make the fronts ya know what I mean? Also my fronts are more smoke grey as oppsed to yours that look black. Just another thing that I like better about the made that way vs tinted to look that way ones. Don't get me wrong the black looks decent but I like the smoke look better. Oh and my front light get to be orange or white or any other color I would want them to be just on the dark side. Yours are stuck showing through as red.

Again my question is WHY do they not make the rears since they make the fronts.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:15 PM
Premium Member

The rear markers are supposed to be red, the front is amber. I changed my blinker to a led light that is white while running, but switches to amber when you turn on the blinker. One of our members made some clear/smoked rear markers, I think it was Lunch box, or HHR freek. They looked great. I'm happy with my fall edition headlights, they have black chrome, and no amber cover...
Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2013, 06:38 PM

Finally got some time.

Finally got the time to properly install stereo, amp, and sub. Kenwood Bluetooth deck, Kenwood amp, and a Kicker Solo Baric L7. I forgot how hard that sub hits!

Old 09-20-2013, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Washed and cleaned and preened for the Super Cruise tomorrow at the Seaway Mall in Welland , Ontario. maybe see some of you Canadians there? how about you there Heavywrecker, and Golfer, maybe Skyline26, or PyroPanel, Prod, anybody? even form say Buffalo???
Old 09-20-2013, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by 07azhhr
I knew that as I could see the red show through . I do not want to see red that is what I am getting at lol. Thank you for the new pic. I know that since they do not make them, that this is my only option. But it does not stop me from wondering why they do not make the rears since they make the fronts ya know what I mean? Also my fronts are more smoke grey as oppsed to yours that look black. Just another thing that I like better about the made that way vs tinted to look that way ones. Don't get me wrong the black looks decent but I like the smoke look better. Oh and my front light get to be orange or white or any other color I would want them to be just on the dark side. Yours are stuck showing through as red.

Again my question is WHY do they not make the rears since they make the fronts.
Check with your state laws, but In most places in the world, light colors are governed by law. In North america these laws say that tail markers and rear signals must be red, front markers and signals must be amber, brake lights must be brighter red than markers, reverse lights must be white, etc. While it is legal to use clear lenses or tinted lenses, the color of the bulb must be those colors.

Having the wrong color bulbs in the wrong places can confuse other drivers and cause accidents.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:47 PM

Picked up a clay bar, and will wash,clay bar and wax this weekend :O
Old 09-20-2013, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Washed and cleaned and preened for the Super Cruise tomorrow at the Seaway Mall in Welland , Ontario. maybe see some of you Canadians there? how about you there Heavywrecker, and Golfer, maybe Skyline26, or PyroPanel, Prod, anybody? even form say Buffalo???
When is that show old blue? I never even knew it was going on
Old 09-21-2013, 02:09 PM

Touched up the red paint on my brakes.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:54 PM

Angry What did I do today?

Threw a rod! Presently buying a used engine.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?