General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 10:04 AM

Havent been on here for a bit as Im not really a forum type of guy, but I am back on the HHR Pick Up "All Show, and No Go" after wrapping up some other projects. I found a spun rod bearing after removing and rebuilding the head, and starting her up. She had a real nice clunk clunk clunk and a miss. I almost cried. Decided to drop the sub frame, and do a ghetto rebuild of the engine. Off to the junkyard I go to pull a short block, I am using the best parts from both engines to make one new one with new bearings, and rings. I've thrown so many parts at this thing so far, almost everything in it is remaned, or new. Like a new timing set, shade tree rebuilt head, polished crank, all new sensors in the block, starter, plugs, bearings, sized rods, dug around the junkyard for the best lifters and rockers I could find. This thing is really turning into a junkyard build queen.

All the fabrication work is done short of a 1 inch by 8 inch insertion under the back glass on the passenger side. A friend that was over and helping did a rather poor fit up, and used .032 steel rather than the .050 stuff I bought for the job, so it was cut out, and I keep teasing him to stop over and do it right one of these nights. Once that is done she is in body work. Everything is going to get a flat black for now and blocked, than blocked some more, and blocked again.

Last night I finished bolting everything back in the car, and she is ready to turn over. It was to late to run out and pick up oil, and coolant, so she has to wait until I get off work today or tomorrow. 3 weeks of work summed up in one post, so not technicly what I did "today" but close enouph right?

EDIT: Lunchbox that looks SICK! Also whats up with the 60s chevy in the background?

Last edited by victweezy; 10-15-2014 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Lunchbox!
Old 10-15-2014, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Well, I still sit and watch time go by, have to retest in two weeks! So the wife will be driving to the Cape on Sunday for a week vacation
Old 10-15-2014, 01:20 PM

Replaced the PPF on my back fenders (I found them on ebay actual OEM GM parts), still trying to find a place to buy the two little strips on the rocker panels.

It's been quite rainy here so the car is a bit dirty but you can see what a difference the new PPF makes in comparison to the rocker panel.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:24 PM

I had mine at the GM dealer I bought it from to check the alignment and adjust the left wiper arm. Typical wiper arm issue, hits the hood when you lift it. They told me it couldn't be adjusted because it would go off the windshield at the top end when in use. They then told me to open the hood to change the left wiper. Yeah, right. I pulled out my 15mm socket and corrected this in about 5 minutes. The wiper still does not come close to the end of the windshield at the A-pillar. I suspect a lazy or uninformed tech. (It wasn't a Chevy dealer).
Old 10-16-2014, 07:59 AM

Name:  20141016_085120.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  20.0 KB

Changed my upstream o2 sensor yesterday and in the process tore/ruprured my bicep muscle. I was wondering why it gave me a weird pins and needles feeling before I got out the breaker bar.............
Old 10-16-2014, 08:15 AM
Administrator

Gonna give the ride a good cleaning, so the wife can roll in style to Cape Cod on Sunday!
Old 10-16-2014, 02:57 PM

got some more HHR things I need to get rid of the T-Rex billit grill I used for 2 weeks and installed the Bentley style grill, the modified CGS intake that I made with the 10 inch Edelbrock filter, and the HHR parking ONLY sign which I tried to sell some time back so I will put them in trash on next weeks trash and the new 17 inch new wheel powered coated black with the polished outer eim which I only use for 1 week while having my rims powered coated.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:36 PM

Installed an LED Light Bar in the lower grille. Haven't wired it up permanently yet, but just testing it out this thing is blindingly bright

@victweezy, thats one of my projects, 1966 C10 step side. She's rusty as hell and stayin that way. I'm about to install an LS1, and new wheels are shipping this week.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:59 AM
Deceased

Originally Posted by mrkil
Changed my upstream o2 sensor yesterday and in the process tore/ruprured my bicep muscle. I was wondering why it gave me a weird pins and needles feeling before I got out the breaker bar.............
Ouch! Take care of yourself and get it checked out if you already haven't, ruptured or torn muscles can lead to something called "Compartment Syndrome" which is super serious. Immediate surgical intervention is required to keep you from possibly losing your limb.

Not trying to scare you or freak you out, but ruptured muscles are nothing to mess with.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:35 AM

Up early this morning at York. It was a good trip up yesterday morning. I got about 33mpg on the way up. I bought a prewar Lionel engine yesterday. Back today for 3 more buildings.
Lawdog 843de knows about York he has been before.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?