General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 10:45 AM
Premium Member

Took one of them out to hang with a group of ecotec's. Started with a meeting at Griot's Garage, then we headed down by the bay for a lunch and a couple pic's. Finished off by taking the curvy way home along the bay. We are merging the ecotecs groups together giving us over 50 members, might need to plan for bigger parking lots...................
Attached Images  
Old 01-05-2015, 05:50 AM

what did I do today?

Tonight I'm pulling my front rotors for the 14th time since I've owned this piece of crap. I've already got a set of turned rotors ready to go. Ive gotten so accustomed to doing this procedure that I can knock it out in 20 minutes. Still, its a pain in the ass and shouldn't even be an issue.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:34 PM

Got out and took a cruise in 20 degree weather. Also painted the back strip that holds the chevy symbol. Man that is a chore to get that piece off the car.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by ezeerider
Tonight I'm pulling my front rotors for the 14th time since I've owned this piece of crap. I've already got a set of turned rotors ready to go. Ive gotten so accustomed to doing this procedure that I can knock it out in 20 minutes. Still, its a pain in the ass and shouldn't even be an issue.

Hey Ez I'm not sure how many miles are on your machine. I did my searching here on the forum before I ever bought one and found there were rotor issues with factory ones.
I bought top o the line ones for both of my HHRs in the first month or so after getting them. Just about 200k km on the first one and its only had the rotors replaced once due to being used up.
The second HHR is still going strong on its first set of upgraded rotors and I have put on only 50k km on them.
The "warped rotor" issues has been well documented. I've been using ones with a star shaped slot pattern. i think they are wagners.

Cheers
Old 01-06-2015, 07:47 AM
Administrator

Not much today, my wife took it to work!
Old 01-06-2015, 04:01 PM
Deceased

I've spent the last two days shuttling my wife back and forth to the dentist in Paddy, her broken crown from New Year's Eve turned into quite the nightmare to rectify.

Six hours in the chair yesterday to grind off the stub of the broken crown, reshape the remaining tooth underneath, and redo the original root canal from last fall.

Today we spent five hours there as they fitted and twiddled with the replacement crown, then they replaced two fillings that had cracked, and did another root canal.

Right now, Michelle is still slightly nutty from the "Goofy Gas" they gave her for the second root canal, so it's like being in a Cheech & Chong movie.

She's stoned for the lack of a better term, and EVERYTHING is absolutely hysterical to her. I've never found the traffic light at Ridge Street and Rogers Lake Road funny, but she did..."Wred Wite...Ha! Cackle, cackle, snort!".
Old 01-07-2015, 07:07 PM

Close to 50 degrees today so I washed it. Installed a new Scan Gauge 2 that arrived today.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:07 AM

Made an appointment to get a new flex pipe welded in on Monday. The first one was toast by 70,000 miles but that one was covered under warranty. Now that one is bad and I've gotta pay for this one out of my pocket. Gonna scrounge up some front sway bar bushings too and have em installed while the car is on the lift on Monday. I've already replaced the struts, springs, sway bar links and wheel bearings. The bushings are the last part of the slop I have to fix in this flimsy ass front suspension.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Sway bar bushings lasted this long? much better that my 2003 Sunfire GT they lasted 90,000 miles, I replaced those and the ones on my HHR with the greaseable Energy Suspension Poly bushings they worked best.

Today not much it snowed over night here about 5 inches of it, so my buddy next door will clear the driveway with the snowblower, than my wife wants to go shopping in St. Catharines Ontario, so that should be a few hours out of the house, yeah!!!!
Old 01-10-2015, 01:00 AM
Deceased

It's cold enough here in Carolina that every start of Paddy yesterday produced the "Ice Possible" warning on the DIC, maybe the 'Ol Trucklet knows something I don't.

The weather forecast for next Wednesday and Thursday is freezing rain and sleet, glad I'll be in Spokane.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?