General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 07:57 AM
Administrator

Today is a rest day, Sweetie had a rough night with the chemotherapy pump last night.
It stays on for 5 days

Good news CorvetteMongo!

Good news they caught the low life's, 843de!
Sad that the little girl has to be affected by Ma and Pa's stupidity!!
Old 11-20-2015, 08:08 AM

Oldblue hang in there and remember that the results make it worth it. Mike I hope things go well for Michelle, a good friend completed his final round a few months ago and all his markers are normal. He had pancreatic cancer that they caught early and was able to have successful surgery.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:06 AM

[QUOTE=843de;790956]Wow manicrodder, please accept our belated condolences on your Mother in Law's passing, surving Cancer only to die at the hands of a drunk...

Thanks Mike. She passed in 2000, but still missed after 15 years.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Thanks , and don't forget our new Crank it up sub-forum, it is Friday!!
Old 11-21-2015, 01:10 AM
Deceased

Chemo round #3 yesterday, and Michelle is doing really good, no hair or appetite loss so we're very optimistic as are her Oncologists.

The infusion still looks like fresh Prestone antifreeze to me, but they are the doctors, and I fly jets for a living. So I'm not going to tell them how to do their jobs, and I'm not letting them fly our company's 737 either.

We stopped to check on the '06, and with the exception of the replacement seatbelts in the rear, it's done. Once they get the belts from GM, it's off to be detailed and scrubbed inside and out to remove any traces of "Bonnie & Clod".

Paddy seemed exceptionally perky on the way home, I think he's happy that his garage buddy will be coming home next week. That HHR sized hole does grate on me, and Dusty keeps asking when the "Daily Dwiver" will come back from being hurt by "the bad people".
Old 11-21-2015, 08:04 AM
Administrator

Good news Michelle is kicking it!!
And that the DD is getting repaired and coming home soon.

Today we're gonna have some friends over Sweetie has finally agreed to see people, she a little upset she's gone Star Trek Lieutenant Ilia
Old 11-21-2015, 03:39 PM
Deceased

I left Dusty in charge of "Taking care of Mommy" duty for a bit while I burbled down to Lake Wylie in South Carolina to look at a DeHavilland DHC-2 Beaver Floatplane.

It was a wasted drive in one aspect, photos do lie, and so do owner/pilots who try to gloss over some questionable repairs and logbook entries. That's a "20 Footer" bird, it looks great from twenty feet away, but get closer, and its true nature as an assortment of parts capable of levitation in some form becomes readily apparent. Scared the poo outta me, I refused to even start it.

Even after the asking price dropped by $75,000, all I could do was walk away shaking my head.

All was not lost though, I grabbed breakfast at a favorite out of the way "Choke 'N Puke" before heading home. Scrambled eggs, home fries, biscuits 'n gravy, with a short stack of blueberry pancakes...burp...s'cuse me.

On the way back to Paddy, I fired him up with the remote start, then dropped my keys next to the left rear bumper end. As I bent down to grab them I stopped to listen to that Tifecta Tuned(Thanks CJ, miss you Buddy) L-61 rumbling through the GMPP/Borla exhaust, and thought "man if only I could bottle up that sound".

I guess with everything that's gone down this year, from losing my Mom to Michelle's Cancer diagnosis and surgery, I needed some alone time to get my head screwed on again.

Oldblue is in the same boat I am, and having your wife become seriously ill changes all of your priorities in life. Today I took the time to "Smell the Roses" as the saying goes, and I feel better about everything.

So if I've been distant, or snappy, please accept my most sincere apology folks, all of you are our second family...and y'all really are the best!
Old 11-22-2015, 12:25 AM
Deceased

I done got screwed!

Michelle went down after supper tonight to dig out the box of Thanksgiving decorations for Thursday, where'd this year go by the way?

Well back to my train of thought, as she plopped the box down on the dining room table she said "Paddy's right rear is almost totally flat, might want to take our Junior Mechanic down and have a look at it".

My response was a grumbled word that rhymes with "flit", but it starts with an "Sh", so I said "I'll call you on the intercom when Paddy is up on the jack stands, then you can send our Crew Chief down".

Sure enough, either on the way to Lake Wylie, or on the way back, I picked up a 1 1/2" wood screw just to the right of dead center on the tread.

Now I've got a new set of Uniroyal Tiger Paw GTZ's stacked in the far corner of the garage just waiting to go on, and the tire that got "screwed" is within' a gnat's rump of the wear bars so I'm not upset.

But now Dusty knows how to plug a tire if he ever needs to, he found the whole deal to be "p'etty cool Daddy!", so at the age of three years and 22 days...he's got another skill to fall back on in an emergency. Heck, he thought reaming the hole bigger was fun, but he prounced the mega-sticky tire plug to be "Ewwww!".

Monday after Chemo Round #4 for Michelle, my aunt will be coming over to see too her while I take The Little Man along to the tire shop to have the new tires mounted up and balanced.

He's got the gang at Brother's Tire Sales wrapped around his finger, so there's no telling what kind of goodies he'll cage this time. The last time he got a stuffed Michelin Man and Uniroyal hat, Daddy just got a bil.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:32 AM
Administrator

Good your crew chief has more skills!
To bad the Beaver was a 20 footer!
Hope Michelle has a good visit with her Auntie.

We had the family and friends jam yesterday, went through 4 bottles of Purel , Sweetie was tired but she stayed awake to visit with everybody.

Today we're gonna take it easy , and watch the DVR first and second practices, qualifying and the race at Homestead.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:49 AM

My usual with my Red Hhr Wagon... papers and more papers, passed the 126k mark few days ago.
My Black Panel is enjoying some down time, though it will see duty in the week ahead with all the dang HUGE Turkey/Black Friday Papers.
oh and if you didnt notice i have been off line for bout 2 or 3 weeks. internet/tv bill was way tooo expensive so kicked them to the curb and am back with some one different.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?