General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 08:45 AM

Mike, Oldblue that stuff takes a while to get over, it is a slow positive uphill journey. Things are getting better. A friend who had pancreatic cancer surgery about 18 months ago is up and going back to work and all he just took it a step at a time. On subject I have been driving my HHR since Wednesday and all semes normal no anomalies except when I reached 60 just after leaving the dealer it sounded like there was a cord whipping around in the left front wheelwell. When I slowed down it quit. I immediately went back to the dealer and the put it on the rack and could find nothing. There was a little piece of plastic sticking out from behind the hubcap. When the removed the cap, one other little spacers (for lack of a better term) had come loose and would spin out at speed. There is a series of them around the inside of the cap. They removed the piece end of problem. Been fine since.
Old 12-20-2015, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by bobojay
Well I went to take the right front apart and found the caliper mounting bracket loose. Nice..
Guess who did the last brake job the previous owner had done. WalMart...
All is well now........
Firestone hand tightened a caliper for me too. Just sorry ass work and zero attention to detail. When called on it, deny, deny, deny. Firestone was the only repair shop who ever touched the car. Now they lose all the tires, repairs, and my company fleet forever. When I do it myself, I know the bolts are torqued to 85 lbs. or whatever it calls for. Firestone: BAD, diy: GOOD.
Old 12-20-2015, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Today no did with the HHR! Sweetie is still whipped from the chemo pump!
!!
I hope you feel better soon.
Old 12-20-2015, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Thanks ! It's a long and winding road, but we'll get there!!
Old 12-20-2015, 05:48 PM

Well...

I didn't do it yet...but now I have the extra cash too...

Stopped at local watering hole today cause they have a weekend bar tender I like to admire...

Tried the shake-a-day...

First roll of the five dice I rolled 5-fives...

Went home with $780.00...I guess I'll buy something for the HHR out of that for a spring install...
Old 12-21-2015, 01:25 AM
Deceased

Well let's see...

2006 LS AKA Daily Driver, despite the cargo blankets and sheets, still needed some needles vacuumed up and a couple drops of sap removed from the rear of the center console from Saturday's tree duty.

2007 LS AKA Paddington, church and back via the Sonic on N. Cannon Blvd, Michelle inhaled a bacon double cheeseburger, a side of tater tots, and a diet Coke. She's bouncing back from the Chemo, and her appetite has returned with a vengeance.

2011 2LT AKA The Problem Child, out of service waiting for parts. More accurately, waiting for me to scoot up to Mynatt's later today to pick up the Purge Solenoid and correct the P0455 code.

2007 LS Panel, out of service and still disassembled, hoping to borrow a flatbed rollback after New Years to pick the now finished shell up from Ken Lee in South Carolina.

Chin up Oldblue & Helen, you'll kick cancer's tail, and we'll be up in a couple of weeks loaded to the gills with "Stuff", it's up to y'all to decide where to put the sheetmetal, etc.

Congrats CorvetteMongo, don't forget to fill out a 1099 to keep the IRS happy. They're like Loan Sharks, always gotta get a piece of the action, otherwise you'll end up "sleepin with da fishes".

Oh, and I literally created a stink yesterday when I had the power transformer in a '38 Philco "Tombstone" radio blow up on the bench, oh well...that's why restoring Antique Radios is Fun! Our smoke detectors work, oh boy do they work!
Old 12-21-2015, 08:16 AM
Administrator

Today is another sleep and rest day!! Go to the crank it up area in the lounge at 6:00 and crank it up!!!

It's Monday!!
Old 12-21-2015, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Today no did with the HHR! Sweetie is still whipped from the chemo pump!
Looks like another rest up Sunday!!
Just a sermon suggestion here Mike!
The value of friendship and the support we receive during our time of struggle to understand a situation in life, the resilience of our faith in our beliefs and our ability to survive and become stronger through friendship!
Cheers everyone keep smiling in really does help!!
Man the statement you made above would not have meant as much to me a year ago...but I too have learned the same lessons.
Faith and Friends will get us through...even a kind word from a virtual friend on a forum gives comfort.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:29 AM
Administrator

I hope you're feeling better, my friend! We're here for you, not just for HHR things.
That is the family spirit we have here on the site!
Old 12-21-2015, 01:57 PM
Deceased

Amen Oldblue!

Picked up the Purge Solenoid for the 2011, traffic was bonkers!

All the HHR's are Parked until after Christmas, I like my fenders uncrumpled, and my sanity intact.

Err...well, as intact as it's ever been!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?