General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Well it's Monday Sweetie is being discharged again, the home services nurse can administer her mess at home!! Yea!!!
We've been rolling back and forth every twelve hours since 9:00 am Saturday morning! They gave her day and night passes so she could be at home to sleep!

But Oldblue has cruised along no problems! 796 klms since I filled the tank near hospital on Friday night, the low fuel just dinged this morning not bad fuel range
Old 05-16-2016, 09:49 AM

your car looks really good, Mongo !!! Understand the cool weather and making you leave early. But looks like a good time was had !! tell Connie she has a really nice smile!! glad ya'll made it home

Originally Posted by CorvetteMongo
Hummm...The car Show...

It Was very low 40's...with winds at 15 to 20 MPH....I spent the first two hours at the show waxing and detailing (which I had to do show or no show) while Eve (understandably) sat inside the HHR and played with her phone and tablet. She was on Skype with her family in the Philippines and came outside for a while to walk around and show her family what a car show was all about. Bet the folks at the show would be surprised to know they were being broadcast in the Philippines......We left about 12:30, well before the 3:00 end of show. It was just to dern cold.

Ours was the only HHR in the show of maybe 200+ cars and about a dozen bikes. Seems the Rat Rods are getting popular, the show was probably a third Rat Rods and a third all out show cars with the other third a mix of whatever happened to drive in.

I've got about a third of the photos up already, the rest will be up by Monday AM...they are here... Gary Holt's Photo Galleries at pbase.com

Old 05-16-2016, 09:51 AM

Got tires rotated and balanced this morning , and added a new pair of windshield wipers
Old 05-16-2016, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by papa_jo
your car looks really good, Mongo !!! Understand the cool weather and making you leave early. But looks like a good time was had !! tell Connie she has a really nice smile!! glad ya'll made it home
Haaa...you wern't just in the HHR album were you....
Old 05-16-2016, 01:37 PM

Love it!!
Old 05-16-2016, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Well it's Monday Sweetie is being discharged again, the home services nurse can administer her mess at home!! Yea!!!
We've been rolling back and forth every twelve hours since 9:00 am Saturday morning! They gave her day and night passes so she could be at home to sleep!

But Oldblue has cruised along no problems! 796 klms since I filled the tank near hospital on Friday night, the low fuel just dinged this morning not bad fuel range
Glad to hear she's home!
Old 05-16-2016, 06:21 PM
Administrator

Thank you!
Old 05-17-2016, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by CorvetteMongo
Haaa...you wern't just in the HHR album were you....
Let's just say I was checking your work out. After all you did post for us to see. nice wrecks also, seems all tractor trailers in cold weather
Old 05-18-2016, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Just a wash and vacuuming! A day off from driving!!
Old 05-21-2016, 08:47 PM

well i guess when u do a brake job u also have to change the hardware.

this winter i changed the pads & rotors but since it was so cold i skipped the simple task of changing the 'slides' not sure of the correct part name. so now may comes around and i drive the car, my wife usually uses it and it feels like i have a sticky caliper. the steering wheel jerks to the right when you hit the brake pedal.

i took of the rim off today and i noticed the wear on this part. i knew i had the parts from the brake swap that i did. store didnt have they had to order so i figured id look for the parts. right now my garage is a MESS. well after cleaning up a bit i was emptying a box and i found them. cleaned up that mess and went to work fixing my issue, well with the HHR.

it didnt take long at all. most of the notchiness is gone but i still have some. any thoughts?

i also did the rear o-ring of the speedo gear in my 4l60e that resides in my 85 SS. that really wasnt difficult the hardest thing was jacking it up and clean up. well think the fix worked. all day and no drippage.

also i have to do the front blinker on the HHR tomorrow.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?