General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by IneedanHHR
Are you storing it to avoid the salt?
Ya...I was born and lived in Wisconsin for 30 some years and am tired of the Wisconsin Rust...I left in about 1984 and just came back a few years ago...Have I mentioned how much I miss South Florida...???
Old 02-03-2017, 06:25 PM

I did a bunch of things on behalf of my HHR today....

I scheduled it into the body shop on March 10.

First off I'm going to have the new 2-tone leather steering wheel put on...

Then I'm getting rid of those crappy chrome exterior door handles and replacing them with painted ones...found a pair of brand new paint to match handles on Ebay for $23.98 with free shipping.

Last but not least is I'm getting the underside of the hood painted to match the exterior...we are also going to add either sheet metal or maybe plastic to make a flat spot under there where I can stick some stickers...not really sure how thats going to be done yet, but doubtless there will be photos after I get it finished.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by CorvetteMongo
I did a bunch of things on behalf of my HHR today....

I scheduled it into the body shop on March 10.

First off I'm going to have the new 2-tone leather steering wheel put on...

Then I'm getting rid of those crappy chrome exterior door handles and replacing them with painted ones...found a pair of brand new paint to match handles on Ebay for $23.98 with free shipping.

Last but not least is I'm getting the underside of the hood painted to match the exterior...we are also going to add either sheet metal or maybe plastic to make a flat spot under there where I can stick some stickers...not really sure how thats going to be done yet, but doubtless there will be photos after I get it finished.
Watch that EBay stuff for the door handles. I bought some when I did mine, changed from black to chrome and they weren't made like OEM and didn't mount up. Bought OEM from a member on this forum and had no problem with the install.
Also when you back off the screw that holds the small cover of the handle you don't have to take it out all the way. Back it off until the cover comes off and the screw will still be threaded into the door.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Cat Man HHR
Watch that EBay stuff for the door handles. I bought some when I did mine, changed from black to chrome and they weren't made like OEM and didn't mount up. Bought OEM from a member on this forum and had no problem with the install.
Also when you back off the screw that holds the small cover of the handle you don't have to take it out all the way. Back it off until the cover comes off and the screw will still be threaded into the door.

While I used to do body work on my cars myself (I've painted several cars and did the body work on them,) I've learned over time it's best for me not to do that type of work...so the body shop guy is going to be doing it while I'm somewhere far, far away.
If anyone is interested in my minty chrome handles, they will be for sale on the cheap come mid-March
Old 02-04-2017, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Today just chased a rattle in the engine bay, turned out to be one bolt that holds the K&N FIPK air box to the rear bracket was loose and the box lid rattles at idle, I tried some foam tape but the cold plastic wasn't having any of it!
So , at least I've identified the noise and won't be thinking about it at every stop light!
Old 02-05-2017, 12:52 PM

Depo headlights are go!

Finally had the much-anticipated decent weather and got out there and tackled the headlight replacement.
After watching the video here a few times, I had a pretty good idea how it would go.
The actual process was a little tougher and dirtier (love me some nitrile gloves) and took a little longer than I expected.
However, I took my time and was very careful and it got done without any major issue.
Pro tip: leave the plastic on the new lens until you are finished.

The end result:

Yeah, definitely loving it. Glad I did it.
Extra bonus, the Depo lights came with bulbs installed already.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Nice look!

Today went out and checked for any vacuum at the elbow fitting by my throttle body, there isn't any.

Will take it apart and inspect as to why there's no vacuum there
Attached Thumbnails What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?-img_0321.jpg  
Old 02-05-2017, 06:42 PM

I took ma. ma and the HHR out to go pickup a new (to me) big brother for the HHR,,, a fully loaded 99 GMC Suburban SLT,,,, dosen't have everything the HHR has as it wasn't all available back then,, but is loaded, and does have a couple features I can't get in the HHR!! Now have it under control in Black(HHR) and White(Sub),,, once ya own the big dog,, ya just can't stand being without one,,,, It's nice to once again have the daily choice of driving either or.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:16 PM

Casa Del Gatos Depo's look great on there!

I have them on my red wagon! !

No did's for either of my wagon,s cept for running the mileage
on the black one to nearly 74747,xx
Old 02-05-2017, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Just watched Super Bowl 51, the first over time Game in Super Bowl history, 5th Super Bowl for Tom Brady. A huge come back from an 18 point deficit at the half time.
Interesting game my first Super Bowl since 1967.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?