General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 07:10 PM

I drove Big Red today. It was really nice picking her up from the vehicle processing center, and driving down an interstate. It was the first time driving over 60 mph with the new suspension and tires, and I've got to say I loved it. Or maybe it was because I haven't driven her in almost two months. I know some of you guys bed down your cars for the winter, but two months was too long. Anyways, i have a big grin on my face.

Casa, how's the new ride? I'm sure you also have a big, stupid grin on your face!
Old 01-05-2018, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by SuKi
I drove Big Red today. It was really nice picking her up from the vehicle processing center, and driving down an interstate. It was the first time driving over 60 mph with the new suspension and tires, and I've got to say I loved it. Or maybe it was because I haven't driven her in almost two months. I know some of you guys bed down your cars for the winter, but two months was too long. Anyways, i have a big grin on my face.
Casa, how's the new ride? I'm sure you also have a big, stupid grin on your face!
Suki, you said it. Especially liking the "missing windows" as one of the salesman called it.
Disappointed it is dark now and my wife says I can't sit in it in the driveway anymore. I have to be "social!"

Seriously, loving everything about it so far and am making plans for mods and such. First things first - oil change tomorrow, as the dealership put a synthetic blend in and I don't play that way!

Old 01-06-2018, 08:01 AM
Administrator

First mod suggestion Casa, peel off that pre owned sticker on the tailgate!

Today’s fun and exciting trip is out to Long Point on Lake Erie, brought hot coffee with us! It’s very cold here, but that keeps the snow at bay!
Old 01-06-2018, 01:17 PM

LMAO! Yeah, I always remove the dealer's whorish tags and such ASAP. I will be taking the blow dryer to it shortly.
I have to put on my vent visors and new filters anyway.

I usually make THEM remove it, offering to leave it there for $1,000 per year for advertising their business.

Originally Posted by Oldblue
First mod suggestion Casa, peel off that pre owned sticker on the tailgate!

Today’s fun and exciting trip is out to Long Point on Lake Erie, brought hot coffee with us! It’s very cold here, but that keeps the snow at bay!
Old 01-06-2018, 03:58 PM

A trip to Home Depot

Another example of why I love this car, 12' pieces of trim to go around the wood laminate I laid this morning.

This also exemplifies why I haven't done the rear wiper delete yet. I seem to load up something like this every two to three months. Has anyone added a hook or eye or some such mod to the inside of the lift gate for this reason. It may be the next thing I do.
Attached Thumbnails What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?-20180106_133237.jpg   What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?-20180106_133424.jpg  
Old 01-07-2018, 10:42 AM
Administrator

There’s the OEM latch to hook on to.

Today’s it’s still frigid cold up here, so, brr. We are gonna just chill, an understatement!
Maybe roll out later for a hot coffee.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:49 AM

What did I do to my HHR today?

Today I bought my 2010 HHR a brand-new battery.

This is related to my thread on re-attaching my bumpers after a “sandwich” car accident a while ago (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/gene...e2/#post835247). I’m now thinking to get it street legal again, and keep it as a second car. Maybe I’ll sell it later, we’ll see.

Before Christmas the car wouldn’t start, so I had AAA jumpstart it. I opened the driver window “just in case,” and let it run for over an hour, but it didn’t recharge.

After reading some threads here, I decided to stick with a Group 90, from Sam's Club. I also used these threads to learn how to pop open the hatch with a dead battery , and how to remove my keys from the ignition after turning it off with a dead battery. Yay, forum!

By the time I got home, I was tired, so decided to wait until tomorrow to install the new battery. Hatch still ajar, and window still open.

So of course, after years of drought here in southern California, it’s supposed to rain tomorrow....

So I just finished tarping the car....

Hopefully I can install the new battery tomorrow. I may drive it to the gas station (inconspicuously, it has no bumpers and only one headlight), then I may disconnect the battery until I can get it to the body shop.

But buying the new battery is a big step forward!

And that’s what I did to my HHR today!

A trip to Home Depot, ditto.

Yeah, I love my HHR:

This is all that stuck out, when I put a piece of 10' PVC in my car. Didn't need to bend it or anything.

Last edited by Oldblue; 01-08-2018 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:27 AM
Administrator

Today the temperature outside has creeped back up to 32F so of course, it’s an invitation to snow and freezing rain! Yeech, I hates winter!!
So, we had planned on a trip to Erie either today or tomorrow, but we’ll hold off til next week.
Maybe the road will be drivable by then.
Did I mention my dislike for winter!
Old 01-08-2018, 10:24 AM

I prefer Winter to Summer, but then, the coldest place I've lived was Atlanta, which gets one day of snow each winter, then the city shuts down for a week. Summer was fun when I was a kid, and no one cared what we wore. Now, there's work, and being grown-up....

Since we're here, Oldblue, can I confirm my plan to install the new battery? Once the weather warms up enough to not break the vent tube, first connect the tube, then the Positive, then the Negative. Right, and that's all? There's a piece of metal which slides in and out, under the battery, ostensibly to secure it, but there's no bolt to lock it down.

Thx!
Old 01-08-2018, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Actually there are 2 hold down bolts, and I splurged for a new vent tube. I installed that last, as one of the hold down bolts is right there by the vent tube hole.

Here’s a video of the job, I just found this and have not viewed it yet

I’m headed back out to clear more snow from the sidewalks
Did I mention, this is the part of winter I despise!!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?