General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Cool, you're loaded anyhow, may as well spend a few Benjamins....

Actually I have a damp basement...
Old 07-24-2019, 10:12 PM
Platinum Member

Well that should help then..
Old 07-25-2019, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Just a wash and detailed today, I’m cleaning off the concrete driveway, and applying a sealer. I do this every two years to keep the salt and road brine from eating away the concrete. I’m using a 3,500 psi gas powered pressure washer and a Dewalt cleaning head. So much faster to clean with!

https://images.app.goo.gl/vjMHBjKNcZ96vkmV9
Old 07-26-2019, 07:38 AM

got one whole side of pinstripe removed, I think it looks so much cleaner now

Old 07-26-2019, 08:02 AM
Administrator

Looking good!!

I got the driveway cleaned and sealed , so we’re gonna take a cruise in the countryside, don’t know where yet, just cruise and enjoy the sites and sounds of summer.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:03 AM

Has nothing to do with my HHR but it's not worth making a thread for... There is an orphaned baby deer laying down in my patio garden out front. She was there yesterday too for awhile... I guess I could tie this into HHR's by saying I'm not going to go out to my car right now.
Old 07-26-2019, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Greybeard999
Has nothing to do with my HHR but it's not worth making a thread for... There is an orphaned baby deer laying down in my patio garden out front. She was there yesterday too for awhile... I guess I could tie this into HHR's by saying I'm not going to go out to my car right now.
Call the ASPCA.
Don't break a finger dialing.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:59 PM

Deer

I saw an article about baby deer that look abandoned, they said that the mother will find a safe place for them and sometimes leave them and come back later to get them. If it is a good place they may leave them there again during the day. So it it goes away and then you see it back that may be what is happening.
you could put up a trail cam to see.
Old 07-26-2019, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by HHRman07
I saw an article about baby deer that look abandoned, they said that the mother will find a safe place for them and sometimes leave them and come back later to get them. If it is a good place they may leave them there again during the day. So it it goes away and then you see it back that may be what is happening.
you could put up a trail cam to see.

That's normal around here... like every year that has been happening. The mothers will even share and take care of each other's babies, and my place is a "safe spot" to leave the fawns for the day... This is different, something happened to the mother, I don't know what. I haven't seen any adult doe for about 3-4 weeks which is very odd. Suddenly this fawn shows up alone and is hanging out here. The baby deer is fine, looks very healthy, it just isn't learning anything from adult deer.
Old 07-26-2019, 05:19 PM
Platinum Member

That's normal around here... like every year that has been happening. The mothers will even share and take care of each other's babies, and my place is a "safe spot" to leave the fawns for the day... This is different, something happened to the mother, I don't know what. I haven't seen any adult doe for about 3-4 weeks which is very odd. Suddenly this fawn shows up alone and is hanging out here. The baby deer is fine, looks very healthy, it just isn't learning anything from adult deer.
Call your local or state Wildlife Resources office. Local Game Warden or equivalent. The SPCA only deals with domestic animals(at least down here that's all they deal with)
Our fawns show up around late August, early Sept. Had 1 last year that was orphaned and stayed around the back of our property about a week. Finally one of the other does with twin fawns "adopted" the orphan. She let him hang around with her for a couple months, then I didn't see it any more.
Mama and the twins are still together. I see them all the time. The twins are probably does since they're still around their mama. Little males usually get run off by their mama before they're a year old.

Last edited by firemangeorge; 07-26-2019 at 06:55 PM.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?