General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 09:47 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Drove Sweetie over to a follow up test for her PE. Tomorrow we go back for results.
Technician said everything looked normal.
That is great news, I love it when prayers are answered!
Old 10-20-2019, 09:04 AM

When I bought the new Panel, the sales guy said they detailed it and changed oil and everything before they shipped it to me, but when I drove it, the DIC did not show it had been reset.
Went ahead and scheduled an oil change since I couldn't get the salesguy to answer my request for an assurance. Good call, the oil was black and nasty when we drained it.

While it was up on the rack, we went ahead and installed the black bezel headlights. Very pleased with those. I think every HHR looks better with them on!
I still need to drill out the rivets to get that ugly front license plate holder off. Putting a Colgan bra on, so I am not worried about leaving holes in the bumper.

Now comes the fun part. Got a replacement shift boot from Redline Goods (nice piece for sure and they can do most colors) so I am planning to work on pulling the old ratty one and installing the new one.
I also got a new shift knob, but I am afraid that may be a lot more difficult.

I also still need to get around to replacing the turn signal arm in the AA5.

Old 10-20-2019, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Very cool, I like the Depo’s with the silver .
I haven’t decided yet , B2E special edition dark chrome headlamps or Depos in my 2012 BlackSwan. The OEM chrome ones cleaned up great .
did you order the Colgan bra , with the fog light holes?

Today an interior clean, rear brake adjustment and get ready for trip out to Cape Cod.
Old 10-20-2019, 02:01 PM

Yes OB, the bra looks great on the SS.
This pic is from someone on here:

I also finally got around to getting the turn signal stalk changed out on the AA5.
Not very easy to get the old one out, due to no room on the left with the dash right there.
But I did get it done.

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Very cool, I like the Depo’s with the silver .
I haven’t decided yet , B2E special edition dark chrome headlamps or Depos in my 2012 BlackSwan. The OEM chrome ones cleaned up great .
did you order the Colgan bra , with the fog light holes?

Today an interior clean, rear brake adjustment and get ready for trip out to Cape Cod.
Old 10-20-2019, 03:09 PM
Premium Member

This morning I changed the front rotors and pads and SUPRISE the front end braking shimmy went away.
This was after I was told that the runout on my rotors was within tolerance.
Could the pads cause the issue. I did notice that when I installed them I used no grease on the pad tabs.
I also cleaned and relubed the sliders? for the calipers.
While there I discovered that the sway bar bushings ware toast, no suprise with a 13 year old AZ car.
Thanx to this site I know how to replace them. You guys are great. I'll change them when I do the front struts.

Last edited by Lonwane; 10-20-2019 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Filled the fuel tank, checked the tire pressure, checked the oil, ready to roll at 3 am tomorrow headed to Cape Cod!
The BlackSwan is Sweetie’s choice for the trip, over the Terrain , easier to get in and out of! With her new hip!
Old 10-21-2019, 04:55 PM

Changed Steering wheels

After scouring every junk yard in the area and coming up empty I finally found a Gray Leather Steering wheel with audio controls on Facebook Marketplace. It came today and I got it installed. Only took me about 20 minutes.
Old Wheel

New Wheel

Old 10-21-2019, 08:25 PM
Platinum Member

Cool, more buttons = more fun..
Old 10-22-2019, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Loaded up the luggage and Sweetie in the BlackSwan, headed off to Orleans Mass. left at 4:00 AM and arrived at our hotel a 4:00 PM.
smooth drive , easy to keep pace with traffic, that time included a stop in Herkimer NY 30 minutes for breakfast, a 10 minute fuel stop and a 1 1/2 hour shopping spree in Lee MA.
exhausted but we had a great day, tomorrow we’ll head to some beaches and watch for whales and Great white sharks.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:45 PM
Premium Member

Enjoy the time with the Mrs.
Captain, there be whale sign.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?