General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Today, a drive to the MIL’s she insists her lawn be cut, so I thatched with power rake and then cut , bagging the clippings to thwart them darn dandelions.
and now in to our yard, my wife is like her mother, cut it today . I’m getting to old for this.

Last edited by Oldblue; 04-08-2020 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
I’m getting to old for this.

I've been too old for this... and I've got 8 acres, about 3 to mow and the rest is trees. Thinning, cutting dead fall, processing firewood.... Yeah, what was I thinking?

It is peaceful and secluded, though.... So I got that goin' for me, which is nice...

Old 04-08-2020, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by rorr

I replaced my intake cam position actuator. My new to me SS had a bad rattle on cold startup and occasionally while driving. I assumed it was my turbo, as I had heard that sound before on Snowmobile turbos.
Makes me wonder how well the previous owner maintained the oil changes,
Have to ask. You ride snowmobiles in Georgia ? Lol.
If one solenoid is toast the other isn't far behind.
Save yourself some grief and change that out too.
Heaven help what the inside of that engine looks like.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
so I thatched and power racked and the cut , bagging the clippings to thwart them darn dandelions..
Thatched and power racked ? It should be one or the other, not both.
Where did you get a machine ? The thing is close to 200 lbs.
It's Spring, you should have cut and put down fertilizer with a weed blocker (Tenacity is the name of it).
I take care of my 10,000 sq. ft. law and use machines if I want from a lawn guy business that I do repairs for.
I also use a 22 inch cut self propelled walk behind lawn mower.
Not breaking you're (fill in the blank) just want to know.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:48 PM
Administrator

I have a Bluebird lawn thatcher, I didn’t use it last fall because of health troubles, her lawn was trampled down by the hydro crew when they replaced the rotted 1961 hydro pole in November. I fertilized after the thatch and cut, which was after lunch today. The lawn should green up nice now.

I have one similar to this, I bought it at a rental company auction 25 years ago. $250.00 , it had a new 5 hp Honda engine, like in this picture.
Old 04-09-2020, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Cat Man HHR
Have to ask. You ride snowmobiles in Georgia ? Lol.
If one solenoid is toast the other isn't far behind.
Save yourself some grief and change that out too.
Heaven help what the inside of that engine looks like.
Hi Cat Man,
Actually, yes, I have ridden snowmobiles in Georgia. One of the perks of my job - if I can't go north in the winter to ride, I bring the sleds to me to get my fix...
You are right. The previous owner must have just changed the exhaust actuator, as it was a Dorman brand and very clean. And yes, I'm a bit nervous about what the inside of the engine looks like, but, no use crying over spilled milk!

Robert
Old 04-09-2020, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by CC Rider

Before

Before

After

After

Before

Before

After

After

This turned out great. Love the new look.
WOWWWW!!!! I love the way it turned out! For the first time, I’ve got to say, the boards are very attractive on that color. Personally, I’m not a huge fan of them, only because some colors look better without, but this color is probably the most ideal of the colors (minus black), which I think makes it. Plus I prefer them with the non-SS fascia front, because it looks more classic retro. I could never have running boards on mine because I think it looks cheap with the primary colors (imho). Excellent Job. I really think you’ve created a very well-rounded look between the boards and the wheels. 🤙🏻
Old 04-09-2020, 11:30 AM
Administrator

It looks a little high in the rear, perhaps a pair of Cobalt SC or HHR FE5 rear springs to level it off a touch. Those boards do look awesome!

today we’ve had fog , then snow, now sun, so perhaps a wash and rinse, but it’s supposed to rain again this evening.
Old 04-09-2020, 12:53 PM

Cleaned the engine bay with AWESOME from the Dollar store, its great at removing grease and grime. Cant find the engine shine I used to use ( discontinued ) CRC Engine shine was awesome, spray and leave, it dried non-greasy didn't attract dirt, dry to the touch and safe for everything under the hood so now Im looking for something new to try.
Next I deBadged the emblems ( HHR, LT and the GM ) I want to black out the chrome grill or maybe replace it ( has some bad oxidation ) the chrome on the mirrors and Door handles... just stuff to tinker with later as well as working on some rust issues inside the bottom of the doors and lift gate.

Old 04-09-2020, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Badges, We don’t need no stinking badges! Or rust . Nice job! Nice and clean.

we drive to Fort Erie and took a walk, the cabin fever was setting in!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?