General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 03:47 PM

Got my daughter a new phone (iphone se 2020) and needed to install a phone holder/wireless charger so she can listen to music (rca) and charge her phone.

had to remove an ac vent and break a tab so the phone holder can hold. Worked out fine. I really hate the vents in this car.

She’s but almost 5k miles on it in the last few months even though covid shut everything down. New battery seems to be working fine. I will probably change her oil at the 6k mark. bought new oil and filter today since they were on sale.
Old 06-06-2020, 08:34 PM
Administrator

A wash and dry , then Sweetie took off in it, to take her mom and sister out for a drive, I stayed home and cut the lawn, installed some trim around the new deck , a hard wired night light in the kitchen, two loads of laundry and barbecued a couple of steaks for dinner.
Old 06-06-2020, 08:59 PM
Platinum Member

No joy driving mine today. Lawn day, & with the rains coming at any time, you gotta get-r-done when ya can..
Old 06-06-2020, 09:54 PM

Backup camera project closer to done.
haven’t hooked up the ground wire yet but it works anyway. Strange.
hopefully ground tomorrow, maybe close it all up but more likely leave the panel off tk make sure it works for more than a day
Old 06-07-2020, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by paulBvtn
Backup camera project closer to done.
haven’t hooked up the ground wire yet but it works anyway. Strange.
hopefully ground tomorrow, maybe close it all up but more likely leave the panel off tk make sure it works for more than a day
Did you install the one that goes over the license plate light, or an aftermarket one? I have seen several versions, but i don't know which one would work the best and fit in the easiest. I guess the best way is to have one that can be wired in through the rear view mirror? I've seen several made to replace the mirror and has a similar setup to the one that was made for several Chevys (inset screen behind the mirror). I really want to do that because I feel like I can never see behind, when backing out of a parking stall... But I don't want a bulky one or one that looks hokey. I will be interested to see what yours ends up like.
Old 06-07-2020, 05:55 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rorr
I received my Rvinyl kit this week. Going to be using most of the kit in my SS. Went with the black carbon fiber too.
The instructions call for a 3M primer and a sealant for around the edges. Gonna get some of that before I apply it.
Awesome! I just got mine today also!
Dimitri is the man! He really takes time and packs it really well. This was the thicker material I was looking for, because I don't want to have to ever replace it. I had a very similar kit installed in a previous car, and it lasted for 8 years until I sold it, and looked great.
I was really lucky to find this detailed of a kit, and Dmitri included 2 Primer Pens, so it's going to make this a breeze to install!

I'm very pleased with this set.
Old 06-07-2020, 06:21 AM
Administrator

Very nice kit, we will need pictures of that install, at least before and after photos!
Today, we roll out to Belleville, Ontario on a furniture moving mission, my niece moved into her new home in the first, they painted to their tastes and now the furniture from they’re old house/ storage locker.
Old 06-07-2020, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by planetrj
Awesome! I just got mine today also!
Dimitri is the man! He really takes time and packs it really well. This was the thicker material I was looking for, because I don't want to have to ever replace it. I had a very similar kit installed in a previous car, and it lasted for 8 years until I sold it, and looked great.
I was really lucky to find this detailed of a kit, and Dmitri included 2 Primer Pens, so it's going to make this a breeze to install!

I'm very pleased with this set.
Planetrj, that's very cool!
If I didn't know any better, that looks like clear urethane poured on top of the vinyl. Did you get yours from Rvinyl? Or did you get it from some other eBay seller?

*Edit*
I see where you got yours from - coolcustomcar. That is a super nice kit. I will use that for when I build my girlfriend's SS. She wants the wood grain look.
Old 06-07-2020, 08:36 AM

Installed a new center badge on my girlfriend's LT. Found it on eBay for $13.96:

The same seller had one with red SS logo for mine to match the interior...😁

Gonna get the motor out of my kid's sapphire titanium LS today. Picked it up super cheap with a smoked timing chain. Gonna replace it with the running gear out of my girlfriend's LT, then eventually swap into her LT the entire harness, interior and running gear of a salvage SS I picked up cheap that was crashed in the front end. Never a dull moment around our household...🤪
Old 06-07-2020, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by rorr
Planetrj, that's very cool!
If I didn't know any better, that looks like clear urethane poured on top of the vinyl. Did you get yours from Rvinyl? Or did you get it from some other eBay seller?

*Edit*
I see where you got yours from - coolcustomcar. That is a super nice kit. I will use that for when I build my girlfriend's SS. She wants the wood grain look.
Yes! I really can't say enough good about this and the superb quality. Dmitri is awesome to work with, and if you have any requests, he will listen to you. I've already mentioned to him that he needs to keep his die casts hot and ready for HHR people, because the quality is very professional and reminds me of the kit quality I've seen in Limousines and also show cars. He's probably about 1/3 the cost of the retail outlets that resell them. Tell him you're from the HHR Network, and he'll know!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?