General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 09:13 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by firemangeorge

I have many, many extensions. None are Quick Release.
Thanks sleeper. Now I'm going to have to pick up a few to add to my tools.
Mine are Craftsman, from long ago. But I feel very confident putting what ever socket down any depth rabbit hole, knowing it is coming back out..You can't pull that socket off..
Even many of my ratchets are 'quick release'... https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...71723BB07341F2

Originally Posted by DwRed2LT
Installed the carpeted cargo mat in
the rear of my panel. Fits nice and feels
nice toooo
That looks good, nice job..
Old 11-10-2020, 02:14 PM

So here's my issue, which I knew. I have a 1/2" ratchet with 1/2" extension - both have the ball-catch quick release. But the 3/8" adapter does not have the ball-catch quick release. That's why the socket comes off with little force. With a little lube on the rubber insert, it still holds on to the spark plug but still releases without letting go of the socket. Won't be using this socket again for at least another 100k miles. LOL

Old 11-10-2020, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by DwRed2LT
Installed the carpeted cargo mat in
the rear of my panel. Fits nice and feels
nice toooo
man I wish they made the rubber ones to fit the whole thing, mine's not a panel, but I keep the seats folded down
Old 11-10-2020, 04:22 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by heathenhhr
man I wish they made the rubber ones to fit the whole thing, mine's not a panel, but I keep the seats folded down
You can make your own.

Old 11-10-2020, 04:24 PM

You can make your own.
yeah I've thought about it/am contemplating, but I've already got the OEM grey/black whole set
Old 11-10-2020, 06:09 PM
Administrator

Today another long drive to Long Point and a 2 klm walk then a coffee, a stop at an apple farm , picked up some amazing apple cinnamon donuts and pumpkin tarts. Then a nice dinner in Simcoe, Ontario at the Simcoe Arms a very nice pub we go to st least once every year usually in the fall. The BlackSwan rolled along nice and smoothly and responded very well during an accident avoidance maneuver, the transport truck in front of us , blew out the two rear right side trailer tires and weaved and wobbled towards the on coming traffic, then off into the ditch, I managed to avoid him and the tire debris and the traffic by braking and luckily being at the right place to exit into someone’s driveway, thank goodness for the farmer who put down a double wide paved driveway.
Old 11-10-2020, 08:35 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by PittKrewBowling
So here's my issue, which I knew. I have a 1/2" ratchet with 1/2" extension - both have the ball-catch quick release. But the 3/8" adapter does not have the ball-catch quick release. That's why the socket comes off with little force. With a little lube on the rubber insert, it still holds on to the spark plug but still releases without letting go of the socket. Won't be using this socket again for at least another 100k miles. LOL
PittKrew- I see now.........another option that works & costs "0" is to remove the rubber in the socket & cut it to 1/2 the length, & put the one 1/2 back in, it will still hold a spark plug safely, but will pull off easily as well.
Or you could just put a piece of tape over the 3/8" adapter square end so it will be a "push on" to the socket deal.. That works too.

Good you made it happen your way as well.

FMG- Very clean job.. Looks Great, better than if factory did it.

You can make your own.
Here's what I did in mine. From eBay, a NOS Harley/Ford truck bed mat, cut to fit..That is a serious Non-skid mat.

Harley Bed Mat, trimmed to precisely fit.
Old 11-12-2020, 01:24 PM

Afternoon. Wash and vacuumed the HHR today ! Drove it to the Doctors today and it still is a fun car to drive :)
I hear O'Riely's has a sale on blinker fluid today so don;t wait And it is full synthetic :) lol
You all have a great day and Stay Safe

Old 11-12-2020, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Maybe I can find a quart of houndstooth vinyl roof paint, like on this Cougar!

Today, a trip to the farmers market in St.Catharines to pick up bacon and bread and cheese. Then it’s time for my blood tests, every three months! The BlackSwan rolled along very nicely.
When we arrived home, and parked in the driveway, I noticed a faint shudder and vibration while in park and idling.
since I just changed the timing chain, upper engine mount , cleaned the throttle body and MAF sensor, I’ll have to check and see what it is, possibly just a touch of bad fuel? Condensation in the fuel tank? A sticking injector or two?
I’ll keep you posted
Old 11-12-2020, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue

Maybe I can find a quart of houndstooth vinyl roof paint, like on this Cougar!

Today, a trip to the farmers market in St.Catharines to pick up bacon and bread and cheese. Then it’s time for my blood tests, every three months! The BlackSwan rolled along very nicely.
When we arrived home, and parked in the driveway, I noticed a faint shudder and vibration while in park and idling.
since I just changed the timing chain, upper engine mount , cleaned the throttle body and MAF sensor, I’ll have to check and see what it is, possibly just a touch of bad fuel? Condensation in the fuel tank? A sticking injector or two?
I’ll keep you posted
Blue hope it is a easy fix ! ANd Man that Cadillac's roof can drive my eyes nuts lol

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?